• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TitanUp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2020
    Carmel
    So I’m looking at purchasing a Mossberg 590 Shockwave in 12 ga. For home defense. I definitely want to put a tactical light on it. What do you guys have if anything on yours?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Mine has a sling. That is all. The perfect shotgun for home, car, aircraft for me... I also have shotguns with full stocks. They are stored differently. This one is always with me...Because its small enough.

Kevo9009

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Indianapolis
    There is a conversion kit that comes with an adapter to use a “brace”. The actual kit comes with a plastic adapter but there was one on amazon that was metal. I bought that separately and used an SBA3 brace. I love the set up. It’s still really short and easy to use for self defense but you gain so much control that makes it easier to shoot.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Magpul fore end for ~$20 and go with whatever flavor light you like. Streamlight, Surefire, Malkoff, etc.
    Get an Arisaka mount and you're gtg.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Magpul fore end for ~$20 and go with whatever flavor light you like. Streamlight, Surefire, Malkoff, etc.
    Get an Arisaka mount and you're gtg.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mount an Arisaka to a Mossberg? GENIUS!

TitanUp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2020
    Carmel
    Not looking to put a stock or brace on it as it needs to be easily swung in tight spaces while maneuvering through my house in the dark should an intruder come. So keeping it as compact as possible is important.

TitanUp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2020
    Carmel
    Also I definitely plan to put a magpul forrend on it to mount my light. I ended up going with an Inforce WML and will attach it with magpul m-lok rails on the forend.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Unless they started making one specifically for the shockwave, you'll have to do more than just a little minor modification of the 500/590 Magpul forend to fit on the Shockwave.

Source: Me. I found that out the hard way. I think I found a YouTube video that walked me through it. A hole saw and Dremel were involved.

That said. I'm SBSing it eventually, probably the Magpul stock actually.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I went to all 20ga 20 years ago as to shoot well you need to shoot a lot and the 20 goes the distance. Also the long gun pistol and no stock shotguns are fun to play with however I have not drank the koolaid yet that says they have any worth purpose for SD.

just my humble opinion

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Freaking yikes man, at what point does it qualify as price gouging lol. Guess you gotta decide if you wanna take a shot at fitting it yourself or just trade a bigger chunk of your hard earned money for extra convenience.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I need to get that adapter. I have some of those mini shells sitting around still from when I had an 870.

TitanUp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2020
    Carmel
    Freaking yikes man, at what point does it qualify as price gouging lol. Guess you gotta decide if you wanna take a shot at fitting it yourself or just trade a bigger chunk of your hard earned money for extra convenience.

agreed. I think I’ll try my own at first and hope for the best. If not, it’s only about $25 down the tube so I won’t go bankrupt.

Top Bottom