• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    FN adds two new carbines to its LE line, FN SRP G2s, a 16" (mid-length) and a 11.5". Both are Mlok handguards and sem--auto only

Untitled-660x282.png

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/02/12/fn-introduces-updated-carbines-for-law-enforcement/

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They're in that dead zone of pricing for AR's, too much for the 500.00 crowd and 'not good enough' for the LWRC and above crowd.

*eyes shift*

I MAY know some of that latter crowd. Um, yeah, . . . FN makes a heck of a gun.

I have the DMRII on my list but going to switch to this new 16" mid-length.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    *eyes shift*

I MAY know some of that latter crowd. Um, yeah, . . . FN makes a heck of a gun.

I have the DMRII on my list but going to switch to this new 16" mid-length.

The ones i've looked at have seemed like solid rifles. I had my eye on a few when Gander here was closing everything out but they got bought up, took home a Weatherby instead.

CPblaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    I like my SCAR 17S, but don't know if I'd bother with a FN AR. What's the point? I'd go buy a Colt M4 or KAC SR15 before I look elsewhere. I'm sure the FNs are very nice like any other well-made AR15, but again, just don't see the point. I'm sure they are going after LE contracts with this one though.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I just don't really get what makes one better than any of the hundred others on the market these days?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I like my SCAR 17S, but don't know if I'd bother with a FN AR. What's the point? I'd go buy a Colt M4 or KAC SR15 before I look elsewhere. I'm sure the FNs are very nice like any other well-made AR15, but again, just don't see the point. I'm sure they are going after LE contracts with this one though.

I'm quite happy with my FN... I'd put KAC in a similar camp. They share the same problem though, they hit your wallet pretty hard for what you end up with.

mELt0VV.jpg

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    I just don't really get what makes one better than any of the hundred others on the market these days?
    A list of things. One being, many do not have a QC staff. The end user is secretly volunteered to be auditors.
    Not only that, most companies are simply assemblers of parts sourced from Taiwan, China, etc.

To the average consumer who just wants to plink a few boxes of surplus 223 every once in a while, it doesnt really matter. For the person who trains and practices a good amount, having components with correct tolerances and made with the right materials is important.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom