• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Been feeling the urge to get a Remington 1100. Always wanted one after borrowing my late Uncle's when I was a kid, But I dont shoot shotguns enough to justify a thousand dollars or more for something I might use once a year. Always wanted one, but now the urge is strong. Midlife crisis gun? :):

So Ive been looking at lower priced options.

I really like Mossberg. I have 2 500s and a 600. Solid guns. So Ive been looking at their 930AF. Anyone have their input?

And although I really want a nice set of wood furniture and a traditional look, the idea of going with the JM Pro to also have a 3 gun capable shotgun if I ever decide to enter that game is enticing. (I mostly shoot sporting clays)

Suggestions?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Get the 930. I have owned several and they all but one rocked. The one just needed a gas ring the previous idiot....err I men owner screwed up.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    I would say the Mossberg would fit most of your needs. I assume they offer a walnut/wood version?

When it comes to semi auto’s the Winchester SX3 is one of the finest. I personally own one and have a handful of friends who are serious Waterfowl hunters that you couldn’t pour a Benelli or Beretta on in exchange for their beloved SX3. Soft shooting and always reliable. Definitely worth a look.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Was told that when finally available, sticker price at Beech Grove Firearms will be $809+tax out the door...less than $900 for a ready to go 3 gun shotgun? YES PLEASE!

I just sold off my 930 JM Pro (that I LOVED and never had a single problem with) here so that I can get the 940 JM Pro when it comes out on shelves (I can't justify having two of almost the same shotgun even though I have at least 6 garands...i kinda lost track though, so give or take).

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you really want a Rem 1100 then just look around for a nice used one, they are not usually that hard to find.

The few Ive found are all old fixed chokes. Or overpriced, or rustbuckets, or a combination of those traits. I will start checking some pawn shops too.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    1100's are overrated, and overpriced. They seem to cash in on the nostalgia of having a blued Remington auto like grandpa's.

The m3000 is one of the most popular 3 gun shotguns. It's cheap and reliable. 930s seem pretty spotty in reliability.

There are some real nice franchi inertia guns in the 6 - 7 range.

I've also seen a growing number of gas operated Berettas as Leo trade ins. I got a 1301 that looks mostly unshot, but carried for under 6. It came with 600 dollars worth of parts on it...

Banbuddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2020
    Indianapolis
    The few Ive found are all old fixed chokes. Or overpriced, or rustbuckets, or a combination of those traits. I will start checking some pawn shops too.

The fine folks here have talked me out of an M3000. Having a finite experience with the Benelli click and knowing how much inertia guns can dump energy back on the user has kind of cooled my fever.

GET THE CONDOR! (lol)

What do you plan on using it for?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The fine folks here have talked me out of an M3000. Having a finite experience with the Benelli click and knowing how much inertia guns can dump energy back on the user has kind of cooled my fever.

GET THE CONDOR! (lol)

What do you plan on using it for?

Squirrels, clays, and MAYBE 3 gun. probably not 3G at this time because I just dont have time to add another sport to my life. But it would be nice to have a 3 gun capable shotgun if I ever decided to do it.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Squirrels, clays, and MAYBE 3 gun. probably not 3G at this time because I just dont have time to add another sport to my life. But it would be nice to have a 3 gun capable shotgun if I ever decided to do it.

If you're considering 3g at all you will want an m3k or franchi affinity

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Idk doodly about 3G needs so can't make any recommendations for that.
    However as you mentioned squirrel and sporting clays, I would say if you don't want to spend a lot take a serious look at Stoeger semi autos. I've seen some with really nice classic walnut and quality bluing. Plus, some use the same inertia design as Benelli

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Idk doodly about 3G needs so can't make any recommendations for that.
    However as you mentioned squirrel and sporting clays, I would say if you don't want to spend a lot take a serious look at Stoeger semi autos. I've seen some with really nice classic walnut and quality bluing. Plus, some use the same inertia design as Benelli

Several people complained that the 3000s kick more than they should.

Banbuddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I really don't understand the inertia gun hate...

I had one. It hurt to shoot. I don't hate them, but I've heard similar stories from others about getting thumped. Except for the Stoeger models, I haven't seen a lot of inertia guns for cheap. So, lot of money to get thumped.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I had one. It hurt to shoot. I don't hate them, but I've heard similar stories from others about getting thumped. Except for the Stoeger models, I haven't seen a lot of inertia guns for cheap. So, lot of money to get thumped.

I've shot a borrowed stock benelli m2 in a multigun match and honestly didn't really notice much kick. Maybe ak47ish bumping. My franchi isn't bad at all, until you put 3 1/2s in it. For reliability in competition I don't think anyone is beating inertia guns. Most guys are choosing m2 builds over m4's, and even more run modified m3k's

Top Bottom