Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 930? M3000? something else?

User Info Menu

Mossberg 930? M3000? something else?

Been feeling the urge to get a Remington 1100. Always wanted one after borrowing my late Uncle's when I was a kid, But I dont shoot shotguns enough to justify a thousand dollars or more for something I might use once a year. Always wanted one, but now the urge is strong. Midlife crisis gun?

So Ive been looking at lower priced options.

I really like Mossberg. I have 2 500s and a 600. Solid guns. So Ive been looking at their 930AF. Anyone have their input?

And although I really want a nice set of wood furniture and a traditional look, the idea of going with the JM Pro to also have a 3 gun capable shotgun if I ever decide to enter that game is enticing. (I mostly shoot sporting clays)

Suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Foreigner in a Foreign Land 76Too's Avatar

User Info Menu

JM 940 Pro if you can wait.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Get the 930. I have owned several and they all but one rocked. The one just needed a gas ring the previous idiot....err I men owner screwed up.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I also have the 930.

Do it.
    Nobody lurks better than I...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 76Too View Post
    JM 940 Pro if you can wait.
    I forgot about that one. That is one sexy beast.

Edit: Now we are back to the problem of a thousand dollars for a lightly used gun. Sexy, but too much cash for my needs.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I would say the Mossberg would fit most of your needs. I assume they offer a walnut/wood version?

When it comes to semi auto’s the Winchester SX3 is one of the finest. I personally own one and have a handful of friends who are serious Waterfowl hunters that you couldn’t pour a Benelli or Beretta on in exchange for their beloved SX3. Soft shooting and always reliable. Definitely worth a look.

Foreigner in a Foreign Land 76Too's Avatar

User Info Menu

Was told that when finally available, sticker price at Beech Grove Firearms will be $809+tax out the door...less than $900 for a ready to go 3 gun shotgun? YES PLEASE!

I just sold off my 930 JM Pro (that I LOVED and never had a single problem with) here so that I can get the 940 JM Pro when it comes out on shelves (I can't justify having two of almost the same shotgun even though I have at least 6 garands...i kinda lost track though, so give or take).

User Info Menu

If you really want a Rem 1100 then just look around for a nice used one, they are not usually that hard to find.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drillsgt View Post
    If you really want a Rem 1100 then just look around for a nice used one, they are not usually that hard to find.
    The few Ive found are all old fixed chokes. Or overpriced, or rustbuckets, or a combination of those traits. I will start checking some pawn shops too.

User Info Menu

1100's are overrated, and overpriced. They seem to cash in on the nostalgia of having a blued Remington auto like grandpa's.

The m3000 is one of the most popular 3 gun shotguns. It's cheap and reliable. 930s seem pretty spotty in reliability.

There are some real nice franchi inertia guns in the 6 - 7 range.

I've also seen a growing number of gas operated Berettas as Leo trade ins. I got a 1301 that looks mostly unshot, but carried for under 6. It came with 600 dollars worth of parts on it...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast