• ...and so much more!
  • Span24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    North Central
    All,

I recently purchased a PC9 Carbine (ver 2, Model 19115) via private sale. On meeting to complete the purchase I found that the iron sights were not installed. There was no box and the seller told me that the rifle never had iron sights. I inspected it carefully and there are flush screws where the sights mount and there do not appear to be any screwdriver wear marks so it is perfectly believable that they were never installed and I do not have any reason to think that the seller is being untruthful.

Does Ruger ship any of these rifles without iron sights or is something else going on here?

Where can I get factory irons for the rifle?

Does it make sense to ask the seller to contact Ruger to purchase a set? He has agreed to do so but I won't ask him to do that if there is a chance that Ruger intentionally sent it without irons.

I got a decent deal on the rifle, which included an installed Romeo5 and 5 31 round Glock mags so Im not asking him for a return but I would like to get original sights installed.

Thanks in advance!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    When I bought mine brand new when it it first came out it had iron sights. I have a trs25 on it now.

Pics would be helpful

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I would think if it was truly that model number, I would doubt that it shipped without them, but anything is possible. Was the seller the original purchaser? I’d call Ruger and ask. They may be able to hook you up too.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    According to Rugers website, the model number you provided should have had a front and rear sight. If you call Ruger and explain to them that you purchased the rifle and it had no sights they will usually ship them for free. Just have the serial number ready

Span24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    North Central
    When I bought mine brand new when it it first came out it had iron sights. I have a trs25 on it now.
    Pics would be helpful

Thanks for the reply!

A look up of the model number on Rugers website shows a picture that looks just like it (less the sights). I confirmed the model number using Rugers Serial Number Lookup.
    The Romeo5 works well but I want it to have the original irons as well.

Span24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    North Central
    According to Rugers website, the model number you provided should have had a front and rear sight. If you call Ruger and explain to them that you purchased the rifle and it had no sights they will usually ship them for free. Just have the serial number ready

Thanks for the reply!

I confirmed the model number using Rugers Serial Number Lookup.

The seller has agreed to contact Ruger and ask for replacement sights.

Span24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    North Central
    I would think if it was truly that model number, I would doubt that it shipped without them, but anything is possible. Was the seller the original purchaser? I’d call Ruger and ask. They may be able to hook you up too.

Thanks for the reply.

I agree with your assessment and believe that it would be nearly impossible for Ruger to have missed installing them. The seller states that he may have 'thrown them out with the box' but they would have been installed, not loose in the box. I confirmed the model number using Rugers Serial Number Lookup.

Unless Ruger did something uncommon with this particular rifle then I'm afraid that there is something that I'm not being told. In any case, the seller has agreed to contact Ruger to ask them to send a new set. He has agreed to pay for them if Ruger charges for them.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Thanks for the reply.

I agree with your assessment and believe that it would be nearly impossible for Ruger to have missed installing them. The seller states that he may have 'thrown them out with the box' but they would have been installed, not loose in the box. I confirmed the model number using Rugers Serial Number Lookup.

Unless Ruger did something uncommon with this particular rifle then I'm afraid that there is something that I'm not being told. In any case, the seller has agreed to contact Ruger to ask them to send a new set. He has agreed to pay for them if Ruger charges for them.

Good deal if he does follow through.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I vote contacting Ruger yourself.

Have not heard anything about these yet but there is a fiber optic option.
    https://www.tandemkross.com/Fiber-Optic-Front-Sight-for-Ruger®-PC-Carbine™_p_606.html

ive got one sitting in my cart waiting for the upriser to be released, as soon as that happens (upriser gets released) ive got a fo front sight, a challenger charging handle and a volquartsen pc carbine trigger to install to make it a iron sight steel challenge gun.

if I were going to put a red dot sight on it, i'd buy the tandemkross shadow mount (lets you install a rds on the barrel) ive read a few different people complain about the rifle not holding zero when re attaching the barrel

Span24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    North Central
    ive got one sitting in my cart waiting for the upriser to be released, as soon as that happens (upriser gets released) ive got a fo front sight, a challenger charging handle and a volquartsen pc carbine trigger to install to make it a iron sight steel challenge gun.

Thanks for the reply!
    Yeah, I'm considering those mods as well.

if I were going to put a red dot sight on it, i'd buy the tandemkross shadow mount (lets you install a rds on the barrel) ive read a few different people complain about the rifle not holding zero when re attaching the barrel

Good to know. Problem is it replaces the rear sight, which I want to keep.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Thanks for the reply!
    Yeah, I'm considering those mods as well.

Good to know. Problem is it replaces the rear sight, which I want to keep.

look on ebay volquartsen sells their pc trigger for 150 (they're factory seconds, just scratches on the housing!)

Span24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    North Central
    UPDATE: The seller contacted Ruger who told him that a number of gen 2 and 3 carbines were sent out without irons. No other explanation... She is sending a free set of sights and screws! I'll update when they arrive!

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    UPDATE: The seller contacted Ruger who told him that a number of gen 2 and 3 carbines were sent out without irons. No other explanation... She is sending a free set of sights and screws! I'll update when they arrive!

Do you know who he talked to and got that answer? If the handguard has the cutouts for sights, I have never seen one leave the factory without them. Not saying it is impossible, but I highly doubt it. There is no such thing as "generations" of the PC Carbine. All of the guns with the traditional stock (i.e., non-chassis SKUs) ship with irons installed, and all are current production.

Top Bottom