• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    There has been several threads regarding long range shooting and the growing popularity of .22 long range shooting. For those interested in more than just reading about it, please see the thread in Shooting Sports section regarding matches at Riley Conservation Club. We are in our 4th season of hosting these, targets are sized for the typical 2 MOA rimfire rifle, and the hit/miss steel targets offer easy scoring without trying to finesse the 10 ring. We have a great bunch of shooters that help out newbies, and you can be competitive without the high price of an equipment race. Read the thread and check us out.

Dmac22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2020
    COLUMBUS
    This is great, I was hoping I could find somewhere to compete in .22 ELR type matches at some point. I will defiantly check out thay thread! Thanks!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    With my 30 moa scope base and SWFA scope, my cz455 is theoretically capable of dialing to 500y.

tribeofham

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Fishers
    With my 30 moa scope base and SWFA scope, my cz455 is theoretically capable of dialing to 500y.

I have the CZ 455 Ultra Lux with a decent scope. On a day with no wind, I can reliably hit an 8" plate at 350yrds. I haven't pushed it out further until I can find the proper ammo. Speaking of which, which ammo are you using?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    When I was in Nebraska panhandle I use to prairie dog hunt with a 22lr. The pdog town was around 200yds away because you couldn't get any closer without them disappearing for hours. Nebraska wind made these fun hunts. I usually fired a shot waited for impact then adjusted the scope accordingly. Once dialed in it was a lot of fun. It was a marlin model 60 and a Simons 4x32 scope.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I have the CZ 455 Ultra Lux with a decent scope. On a day with no wind, I can reliably hit an 8" plate at 350yrds. I haven't pushed it out further until I can find the proper ammo. Speaking of which, which ammo are you using?

In order of preference, I run:
    1) Wolf MT
    2) Geco Match
    3) Aguila Pistol match (tied for the most accurate ammo I've ever shot in my CZ)
    4) UM22
    5) CCI standard
    6) CCI Specialty (mini-mag, subsonic, quiet, etc)
    7) Fed bulk
    8) Winchester bulk
    9)
    10)
    11) Anything Remington

See what I did there?

Last edited:

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    In order of preference, I run:
    1) Wolf MT
    2) Geco Match
    3) Aguila Pistol match (tied for the most accurate ammo I've ever shot in my CZ)
    4) UM22
    5) CCI standard
    6) CCI Specialty (mini-mag, subsonic, quiet, etc)
    7) Fed bulk
    8) Winchester bulk
    9)
    10)
    11) Anything Remington

See what I did there?
    Yeah ... it looks like at some point you're willing to use Remington ammo. Here I thought it was forever banned from your life. Only goes to show that you may think you have somebody all figured out when they up and do what's not expected.

Top Bottom