• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This poor things is finally finished after morphing through several concepts over the past three years. Started as a 300BO pistol, then a .224 Valkyrie and now finally just a plain old Mk12 Mod0(ish) 5.56. It took months of waiting to score the scope I wanted for the right price and I'm looking forward to seeing how closely she'll poke holes at distance.

TxvslDph.jpg

ZqbJ4zSh.jpg

One of these days I'll get around to putting up a decent backstop at my place and I'll be able to shoot them before posting.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    When I saw this thread, I was expecting to see MK12 goodness. Not disappointed.

Looks great! What barrel did you go with?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    That’s ridiculous, all ya need is a therty-therty lever rifle anything more and you’re donating ammo to the guys that kilt ya.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    In all seriousness, that’s fantastic. One of these days I’m going to build a DMR or SPR, I mean I have a bolt catch pin in the parts box? Oh I hate your face, that’s the LMT lower I wanted to buy from you back a bit.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Looks great. My HCS 6.5 Grendel Mk 12 Mod 0 finally made its way home. I need a bipod then it will be time for sight in work. One of these days I will add a Allen Engineering can to it

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Phylo, when my can gets in, I’ll invite you over to try it. I want to look through that NightForce. I planned on getting the Nightforce, but then Alan started getting the refurbed scopes. It’s been on there a few years now, and I have zero complaints with it. I’m sure you’ve probably shot with both scopes, and you are very partial to the NF, but damn, is it really worth the cash? :dunno:

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Phylo, when my can gets in, I’ll invite you over to try it. I want to look through that NightForce. I planned on getting the Nightforce, but then Alan started getting the refurbed scopes. It’s been on there a few years now, and I have zero complaints with it. I’m sure you’ve probably shot with both scopes, and you are very partial to the NF, but damn, is it really worth the cash? :dunno:

i asked Alan the same thing on my build.... I ended up buying a Viper PST Gen II 3-15. I’m not at the point I can tell if a NightForce is worth the cost. Im curious as to Phylo’s feedback.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I think the point of diminishing returns occurs somewhere between the Vortex tier 2 line and the lower end Nightforce scopes. I've owned quite a few Vortex optics over the years (ask Alan lol) and I was not disappointed with any of them. I have had great luck with both brands but a NF is more "correct" on a Mk12 clone and to be honest with you, what I enjoy most about most of my collection is how little I have in them vs their resale value. The thrill of the chase is what I enjoy and I spend many more hours than I should watching classifieds searching for a good deal. I'd decided on a maximum I wanted to pay and it took many months before I found one. I'm not super excited about the reticle but it'll get the job done since this will most likely only be a range toy.

crazygunner1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Kokomo
    This poor things is finally finished after morphing through several concepts over the past three years. Started as a 300BO pistol, then a .224 Valkyrie and now finally just a plain old Mk12 Mod0(ish) 5.56. It took months of waiting to score the scope I wanted for the right price and I'm looking forward to seeing how closely she'll poke holes at distance.

TxvslDph.jpg

ZqbJ4zSh.jpg

One of these days I'll get around to putting up a decent backstop at my place and I'll be able to shoot them before posting.

WOW SO BEAUTIFUL...

Top Bottom