• ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    What stocks attach via 1913 rail?

I've found a way to attach a rail to the side folding mechanism on my SAM7SF but I can't find many stocks that attach the 1913 rail.

Any suggestions?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Sig, Lage, A3 Tactical, and there's one that's adjustable but can't think of the name off the top of my head. The Q stock for the Fix also attaches to a pic rail but don't believe they offer the stock assembly by itself.

Dan Haga also makes a lot of adapters for things

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    As soon as Brownells has a really good sale on their BRN-180 upper I want to get the matching lower that has a rear pic rail so i've been looking at options as well. Both Springer Precision and Haga are making a rail adapter for the nice Magpul AK folding stock.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Going to sacrifice the ability to get a folder for an AR tube set up?

Is pic adapter still folds

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The link he posted doesn't fold, it's a fixed adapter.

TacticalFun is correct. I'm only replacing the stock not the folding mechanism. The Arsenal SAM7-SF is already a Side Folding AK. Hence the SF suffix. I was going to use this: https://www.jmac-customs.com/rsa-sf/ to replace the stock then attach the original link I posted to it to achieve my intended set up. I didn't see the point of attaching a folding stock to a folding mechanism. Not to mention that the SAM7 mechanism folds to the right and the other folding socks like the Sig style fold to the left. It would look like a pretzel on the side of the rifle.

After a little more research I decided to go another route anyway. Circle 10 makes this: https://www.circle10ak.com/product/circle-10-ak-2-bolt-folding-stock-adapter-4-5mm-sam7sf/ and in combination with https://www.jmac-customs.com/m4-ace/ I should end up with a folding AR stock on my SAM7 AK that isn't dependent upon Pic rail and gives me more options for stock attachments down the road since the two bolt style has been popular for some time now.

Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Ahh that makes a lot more sense. Wasn’t aware on that rifle it was already a folding pivot on there. That would be pretty redundant having a folder on a folder

With the Sig stuff it is possible to make them left folders. Just requires some work to pop the bolt on the back but again having a double folder just would not be clean looking

Top Bottom