• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EGParatrooper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    When I was active-duty, I was issued an M21 variant as my reach out and touch someone tool, great rifle!

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    FN_Herstal_T48.jpg

They procured the wrong rifle.

But I may be a little biased.

MH

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    And now for the truth:

[video=youtube;mby4hOq-DpI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mby4hOq-DpI[/video]

i tried watching this, but it was filled with so many errors and inaccuracies, that I could not finish it. Was it supposed to be a joke as well as the first one?

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    i tried watching this, but it was filled with so many errors and inaccuracies, that I could not finish it. Was it supposed to be a joke as well as the first one?

I noticed that too. I've never in my life met anyone that carried the M14 into combat that had anything other than total praise for it, and that includes many Vietnam vets.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    Didn’t ever fire it in combat, only training and solo shooting. The issued ‘63 Winchester M14 I had for a patrol rifle was accurate and never had an issue

NICKT93

Plinker
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    MORGAN CO
    My dad started collecting these and Garands when i was about 6 i believe , They instantly became my favorite, have an AR10 but certainly plan on adding another 7.62 and it'll be an M14

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Great rifle fired SA, fired FA it has the same issues as the G3 or the FAL, hard to control. The only FA 30 caliber rifle I've ever been able to hit anything with at any distance was the BAR shot with a bipod.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Great rifle fired SA, fired FA it has the same issues as the G3 or the FAL, hard to control. The only FA 30 caliber rifle I've ever been able to hit anything with at any distance was the BAR shot with a bipod.

Well, in a civilian context with a FAL you can dial back the gas system until it's barely cycling and it becomes """"controllable.""""
    Combine that with some more modern stances and grips, and it's doable, but honestly anything in 308 is a bit much for an automatic.

As for the bar, I've never shot one but last time I handled one I remembered it being harder to keep shouldered than a 20" barrett due to the weight, so no wonder it'd be controllable.

Top Bottom