• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    So I was bopping around the internet and came across the 50-110 wcf. It had my curiosity peaked, but I don't think I'd want to buy a vintage one. Does anyone have experience with these elephant rounds and are there modern levers chambered in them?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Uberti makes an 1876 chambered in 50-95, they are good, accurate shooters with either smokeless or black powder. Finding an 1886 or 1885 chambered in this would take a while and expect to pay a lot.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    SSK Industries will chamber a Ruger #1 in any of those big rounds you want. Back in the 90s, J.D. Jones, the owner, used to run ads in Shotgun News with a little picture of all those different rounds lined up next to each with the slogan "Put one of these in your Ruger No. 1 and smoke something!"

It was a very appealing ad and inspired much research and many day dreams :cool:

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Shiloh Sharps does a 45-110 and since they're a custom builder I don't see why they wouldn't do a 50. But be prepared to open that wallet wide.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    Haha, yeah I've been reading more. Even some having success with converting 1895 marlins, though I don't know if they are any higher max pressure than a regular 336. In levers 1886/browning 71s are definitely the favored host in levers. Very interesting round. Definitely have to have deep pockets and patience.

Top Bottom