Join INGunOwners For Free
    RCB
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Anyone have a 50-110 wcf? Anyone making a modern version

So I was bopping around the internet and came across the 50-110 wcf. It had my curiosity peaked, but I don't think I'd want to buy a vintage one. Does anyone have experience with these elephant rounds and are there modern levers chambered in them?

User Info Menu

Uberti makes an 1876 chambered in 50-95, they are good, accurate shooters with either smokeless or black powder. Finding an 1886 or 1885 chambered in this would take a while and expect to pay a lot.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

50-110... wtf?

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

"Sounds fun!". Said my shoulder. Never.
    Beto is one of "Those" people that you hope to one day be able to throat punch.

User Info Menu

SSK Industries will chamber a Ruger #1 in any of those big rounds you want. Back in the 90s, J.D. Jones, the owner, used to run ads in Shotgun News with a little picture of all those different rounds lined up next to each with the slogan "Put one of these in your Ruger No. 1 and smoke something!"

It was a very appealing ad and inspired much research and many day dreams
    "2016: The year that hackers became more trusted than government or reporters."

Plinker

User Info Menu

Shiloh Sharps does a 45-110 and since they're a custom builder I don't see why they wouldn't do a 50. But be prepared to open that wallet wide.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhslover View Post
    Shiloh Sharps does a 45-110 and since they're a custom builder I don't see why they wouldn't do a 50. But be prepared to open that wallet wide.
    Shiloh will chamber in 45 up to 45-120s and in 50 up to 50-90s
    "Too much agreement kills a chat." ~Eldridge Cleaver

RCB
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Haha, yeah I've been reading more. Even some having success with converting 1895 marlins, though I don't know if they are any higher max pressure than a regular 336. In levers 1886/browning 71s are definitely the favored host in levers. Very interesting round. Definitely have to have deep pockets and patience.