• ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I'm a proud owner of a remington 7615P. Many INGO members have shot it at various meet and shoots around the state. Fun gun. ;)

I browse gunbroker now and then just to see what they're going for. Up until about a year ago, the few that popped up sold for $7-800. Then they just dried up and disappeared. Only seen a couple in the last year. Then I came across this one today that I missed from march. sold for $1525!!! Wasn't a "P" model. Are you kidding me!?!?
    That's over three times what I paid for mine, which I got from the INGO classies. :ingo:

And no, I am NOT looking to sell mine.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/860248016

Attachments

• DGG_7894pw.jpg
      DGG_7894pw.jpg
      105.8 KB · Views: 247

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Stuff on GB is almost always priced higher than just about anywhere else, and items typically sell for higher there as well (fees, bidding wars, etc.). However, things have gone loony over there in recent times. Take a look at some of the treasure K-VAR Corp has "miraculously stumbled upon" in the corners of its AK warehouse. The completed auctions are jaw-dropping:

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?IncludeSellers=1374219

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Several years back I paid right at $300 for my brand new Saiga .410.
    Now they routinely go for over $800 on Gunbroker.

No, it's not for sale either.
    I have a few examples like that.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Those are cool rifles for sure. I would guess the increase in price is because they are desirable rifles in California. As long as they stick with a 10 round magazine they have a handy fast firing rifle that is California legal. I remember when the pistol caliber lever action guns became legal for deer hunting here. The price seemed to almost double over night. Or it seemed that way anyhow.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Those are cool rifles for sure. I would guess the increase in price is because they are desirable rifles in California. As long as they stick with a 10 round magazine they have a handy fast firing rifle that is California legal. I remember when the pistol caliber lever action guns became legal for deer hunting here. The price seemed to almost double over night. Or it seemed that way anyhow.

I thought, to be Ca. legal, the rifle could not even accept a magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds.
    Would a 20 or 30, or even 40 round AR magazine not fit this rifle?
    If not, how did they manage that?

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I thought, to be Ca. legal, the rifle could not even accept a magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds.
    Would a 20 or 30, or even 40 round AR magazine not fit this rifle?
    If not, how did they manage that?

I am certainly not well versed on California gun laws. My comment was mainly based on the Gunbroker Ad stating it was California legal with 10 round mag.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I am certainly not well versed on California gun laws. My comment was mainly based on the Gunbroker Ad stating it was California legal with 10 round mag.

I could very well be wrong. I don't live there anymore, and it's been decades since my last visit thank god.
    I do try to stay up on the firearms laws in general, and Ca. has always led the way in stupid gun laws.
    That, and I would take a lot of what you see on Gunbroker with a HUGE grain of salt.

Years ago now, and I mean over 10 years, I bought a used Daisy Red Ryder lever action BB gun from a seller on Gunbroker.
    I purchased it to help teach the young nieces and nephews to shoot.
    I won the auction (and paid too much) and contacted the seller for shipping.
    The seller told me he would only ship it overnight express because, wait for it, "...this was after-all a deadly weapon".
    A freakin' BB GUN!
    He swore up and down that he was "..just covering his own a**" and demanded $45 for shipping alone, and also demanded that it ship to an FFL!
    I told him to go soak his head, because I was not about to pay more for shipping than I paid for the BB gun, and that there were no regulations mandating BB guns go through an FFL.
    He threatened to turn me in as a non-paying bidder. I told him to go right ahead. I enjoyed a long, and VERY good reputation on Gunbroker at the time with 100% positive rating, and not one negative.
    I was a little worried, but decided to stand my ground and take my chances with Gunbroker staff.

After much banter back and forth, and several emails, he finally agreed to ship for $12, but still demanded shipping to an FFL.

I gave him my local FFL's information.
    My FFL at that time was a good friend. He laughed about as hard as I've ever seen him laugh when I told him about my situation.
    He accepted the package, and didn't charge me for a transfer, but he STILL tells people about my "deadly weapon" purchase.

Not all sellers on Gunbroker are gun people, or even good (honest) business people.
    Just a friendly word of warning.
    Use the information as you will.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Maybe somebody just really wanted that gun.
    Doesn't mean they're all worth that.

Some folks have the cash and don't want to wait, pay whatever it takes.

Have seen that done when the item is going to be a gift.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

I think what you said makes a lot of sense. I have had California bidders pay ridiculous prices for things I have sold in the past just because of their crazy laws creating a strange supply and demand dynamic.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I could very well be wrong. I don't live there anymore, and it's been decades since my last visit thank god.
    I do try to stay up on the firearms laws in general, and Ca. has always led the way in stupid gun laws.
    That, and I would take a lot of what you see on Gunbroker with a HUGE grain of salt.

Years ago now, and I mean over 10 years, I bought a used Daisy Red Ryder lever action BB gun from a seller on Gunbroker.
    I purchased it to help teach the young nieces and nephews to shoot.
    I won the auction (and paid too much) and contacted the seller for shipping.
    The seller told me he would only ship it overnight express because, wait for it, "...this was after-all a deadly weapon".
    A freakin' BB GUN!
    He swore up and down that he was "..just covering his own a**" and demanded $45 for shipping alone, and also demanded that it ship to an FFL!
    I told him to go soak his head, because I was not about to pay more for shipping than I paid for the BB gun, and that there were no regulations mandating BB guns go through an FFL.
    He threatened to turn me in as a non-paying bidder. I told him to go right ahead. I enjoyed a long, and VERY good reputation on Gunbroker at the time with 100% positive rating, and not one negative.
    I was a little worried, but decided to stand my ground and take my chances with Gunbroker staff.

After much banter back and forth, and several emails, he finally agreed to ship for $12, but still demanded shipping to an FFL.

I gave him my local FFL's information.
    My FFL at that time was a good friend. He laughed about as hard as I've ever seen him laugh when I told him about my situation.
    He accepted the package, and didn't charge me for a transfer, but he STILL tells people about my "deadly weapon" purchase.

Not all sellers on Gunbroker are gun people, or even good (honest) business people.
    Just a friendly word of warning.
    Use the information as you will.

Well, in all fairness, you could shoot your eye out kid. ;)

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I think these were mainly marketed towards police departments. I ran across one several years ago while on vacation. I've always regretted not buying it. Yours is the 1st one I've seen since.

Top Bottom