• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Looking at a Pike Arms SS threaded barrel for 10/22, mostly due to the reasonable price of $112. If anyone has experience with this company's barrels I would appreciate your input. I know that these are way less expensive than Kidd, Volq, and other premium makers, but wonder about their quality and accuracy potential.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I have not heard of them. But I have a Green Mountain that was priced about what you mentioned above that's pretty accurate.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    whats your purpose? precision shooting, speed shooting or just adding a suppressor?

i was able to get a barrell threaded for cheaper than i could buy a barrel, if your speed shooting, i'd steer clear of a stainless heavy barrel, if your precision shooting the barrel you listed would be fine.

another option would be to call wirthweins guns in yankeetown (soulhern indiana) and see what he has in stock, he parts out rugers to build race guns and sells take off items kinda cheep, for example he listed a charger barrel for 85.00 (they're threaded)

he dosent have any listed right now, but most of the time, he's got things "in the back" he sells on ebay, and has to have a access inventory so he doesnt run out, in fact ebay has 149 listings for threaded barrels right now starting at 53.00

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    whats your purpose? precision shooting, speed shooting or just adding a suppressor?

i was able to get a barrell threaded for cheaper than i could buy a barrel, if your speed shooting, i'd steer clear of a stainless heavy barrel, if your precision shooting the barrel you listed would be fine.

another option would be to call wirthweins guns in yankeetown (soulhern indiana) and see what he has in stock, he parts out rugers to build race guns and sells take off items kinda cheep, for example he listed a charger barrel for 85.00 (they're threaded)

he dosent have any listed right now, but most of the time, he's got things "in the back" he sells on ebay, and has to have a access inventory so he doesnt run out, in fact ebay has 149 listings for threaded barrels right now starting at 53.00

Purpose: Mostly to add suppressor for informal target shooting & varmint elimination. Most of the premium barrels are .920 bull barrels. I want a factory taper to go on a 10/22 Deluxe without doing stock work. Pike Arms was the only vendor to offer the taper that I have found after searching all the major brands.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Purpose: Mostly to add suppressor for informal target shooting & varmint elimination. Most of the premium barrels are .920 bull barrels. I want a factory taper to go on a 10/22 Deluxe without doing stock work. Pike Arms was the only vendor to offer the taper that I have found after searching all the major brands.
    Google 10/22 barrel threading, when I was looking to have my 920 threaded I found a place and I can’t remember their name, but they took your factory barrel, cut the barrel back, threaded it and they took the part they cut off (it had the front sight) threaded it, so your thread protector had a sight on it!

Top Bottom