Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

Side charging upper

looking to get a 350 legend upper. The one I am looking at it side charging. I am mainly wanting to use this as a hunting rifle with a scope. Would a side charging handle be ok or should I get the rear charging handle?

User Info Menu

In my opinion a side charging upper is a solution for a problem that doesnít exist. That being said, there are some decent ones out there and if itís primarily going to be used for hunting itíll boil down to personal preference.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tooleman View Post
    looking to get a 350 legend upper. The one I am looking at it side charging. I am mainly wanting to use this as a hunting rifle with a scope. Would a side charging handle be ok or should I get the rear charging handle?
    You'll be ok.

https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/l...other-spr.html
    "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

ACC
    Expert

User Info Menu

I personally LOVE side charging uppers. Allows you to run the bolt without coming off the rifle. If you get one of a decent quality, it will work and you will dig it IMHO

User Info Menu

I'm also a big side charging fan. One big perk for hunting is the ability to easily ride the bolt forward to quietly chamber a round.
    I want a government really, really small. So small you can barely see it. Rand Paul

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=ACC;8307780]I personally LOVE side charging uppers. Allows you to run the bolt without coming off the rifle. If you get one of a decent quality, it will work and you will dig it

User Info Menu

If you are right handed make sure its left side charging and vise versa if your left handed. Or get an ambidextrous side charging upper.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

All of my ARs have left side charging and are non-reciprocating handles. Gibbz is my brand of choice, but my Savage is well built and actually has both the side charger and a rear charging handle (I donít know why).
    ď...I blame TurboĒ -Everyone

User Info Menu

For hunting I doubt offside charge a necessity

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    If you are right handed make sure its left side charging and vise versa if your left handed. Or get an ambidextrous side charging upper.
    Several years ago Bear Creek offered a free barrel to veterans. They had a left-hand receiver/bolt carrier for around $100. I ordered it to go with the free barrel. The only problem was it also has left-handed ejection with a solid receiver on the right side.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast