Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Had a good day at Young's Longshot

I was invited to go up to Young's Longshot in Wolcottville today. I haven't been up there in several years so I jumped at the chance. My mk12 in 6.5 Grendel shot very well with my buddy's handloads out to 800yds. I shot my FDE Mk12 for the first time and I'm happy with how it performed with 2 types of ammo. I shot my mini Mk12 for the first time past 50yds and it's easily a "coyote accurate" rifle out to 500yds, didn't have much luck beyond 500 with it but the wind was anything but cooperative. I also got to shoot my Glen Nelson built M1A NM and again I was not disappointed, it did very well with 175 Fed GMM out to 900. Lastly I put a few rounds through my old duty rifle, like hugging an old friend you haven't seen in a long time. It was a great day and the first time I've gotten to hang out with friends in quite a while.

There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

User Info Menu

Looks like a good day!

What's the trigger cover on the the FDE MK12?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by magic man View Post
    Looks like a good day!

What's the trigger cover on the the FDE MK12?
    It's a Triggersafe and I need buy buy a few more. Keeps anything from getting into the trigger when I don't have control of the rifle and also protects my expensive triggers should the rifle get knocked around or over.

I forgot to mention that the easiest shooting rifle of the day was my friend's H&K PSG1 which was upgraded by ZR Tactical. That rifle shoots like a dream but they're too pricey for me. Tagging the 1000yd gong with 175gr FGMM was easier than it should have been.

https://triggersafe.us/
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

Premium Case Lube

User Info Menu

So fun. I’ll be at Thunder Valley Precision doing the 1000 yard and mile global bench rest matches next month. I need to make my way to Young’s. Long range is fun stuff!
    Firearm Accessories - Tactical Gear - Ammo - Optics

4th of July Sale - 10% off site wide with promo code AMERICA2020, through 7/5/20

www.HeliosTacticalSupply.com

ljk
    Expert

User Info Menu

Mod0 looks, heavy.
    NoMo new guns, Mo Ammo.

User Info Menu

Imho Youngs Longshot is the best range in the state. It would be hard to have a bad day up there. What bipod is that on the HK?

User Info Menu

Excellent taste.
    Kirk Freeman, INGO's Dennis Miller of gun culture references

User Info Menu

You keep your gear so clean, p-dog. Is that the First Cav coming out in you, lol.
    Kirk Freeman, INGO's Dennis Miller of gun culture references

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    You keep your gear so clean, p-dog. Is that the First Cav coming out in you, lol.
    Nah, it's just hard to get dirty sitting in the safe lol.

- CarmelHP