Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Anyone playing with a 6mm Fat Rat?

Does anyone have any experience with the 6mm Fat Rat? This could be a great way to spend some hard earned money on a new toy. Push a 105-107 match bullet very fast in an AR-15 platform.

User Info Menu

Based on what cartridge?
    Parkerizing lollipops since 1973.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Based on what cartridge?
    6.5 grendel
    "Too much agreement kills a chat." ~Eldridge Cleaver

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drm-hp View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the 6mm Fat Rat? This could be a great way to spend some hard earned money on a new toy. Push a 105-107 match bullet very fast in an AR-15 platform.
    One guy in my shooting group has built one, case life is short, 3-5 loads per case (pockets get loose) and I remember he used a 5 series VV powder and swelled primer pockets the first or second loading using it.

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

So, speed kills!?!?
    Beto is one of "Those" people that you hope to one day be able to throat punch.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DeadeyeChrista'sdad View Post
    So, speed kills!?!?
    Pressure kills, with some cases over pressure will swell or blowout primer pockets.
    It generally happens with small/medium rimmed/semi rimmed cases with a large primer and small rimmed cases like 22 Hornet. It happens quickly when these parent cases are reformed to better performance rounds.

Marksman

User Info Menu

A guy we shoot with at CIHPRS has one for his across the course "match rifle" and prone gun. It's a hammer, and he knows how to point it.
    CMP Distinguished Rifleman #2464, Midrange Prone: Highmaster, Across the Course - Master

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jrh84 View Post
    A guy we shoot with at CIHPRS has one for his across the course "match rifle" and prone gun. It's a hammer, and he knows how to point it.
    I was squaded with him this weekend at Camp Atterbury. I was just curious if there was anyone else shooting this round.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drm-hp View Post
    I was squaded with him this weekend at Camp Atterbury. I was just curious if there was anyone else shooting this round.
    See if he will tell you what loads hes shooting.
    Asking for a friend.... lol. Really.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Pigeon View Post
    Pressure kills, with some cases over pressure will swell or blowout primer pockets.
    It generally happens with small/medium rimmed/semi rimmed cases with a large primer and small rimmed cases like 22 Hornet. It happens quickly when these parent cases are reformed to better performance rounds.
    The 6mm creedmoor will do it as well. Peterson and Lapua has small primer brass to help with it. Even then, it's still hard on brass.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast