• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I just recently built an Aero M5 myself, what barrel did you go with?

I went with the Aero Precision barrel. I had a 10% off coupon saved $112 on the build.

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/308-16-ss-barrel

The BCG is Fail Zero, Competition muzzle brake, and I have a Ambidextrous charging handle. That's the only three things I didn't buy from Aero.

Wow! That's super awesome! Nice build! Great accuracy for Wolf too!

Wolf Polyformance 145gr 308 Win Lot # P 56-17. It's been 2 MOA out to 500 yards for me. I've shot it in my Ruger Precision Rifle out to 500 yards with it. It held just slightly under 2 moa in my RPR at 500 yards. Today in my 16" AR 10 it was 1.82" 20rd group at 100yds so well within 2 moa. Bad thing is I'm just about out of this lot :(

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Outstanding! Thanks for the info.

So you know I have never had any Russian 308 Win ammo shoot this well. Before this lot it was usually 3-4 moa at 100yds other than the current lot I've been using. This lot has been incredible. It was bought iirc a few years ago. I bought it for breaking in barrels. I highly doubt I get this lucky again. I've been piling up 175gr SMK for some time now and will start loading them up here this season. I'd buy a box of several different brands and weights of Russian 308 and see if your rifle likes one before buying a case. Even the finest made ammunition can change from lot to lot. I do enjoy testing new factory rounds inexpensive to expensive.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    So you know I have never had any Russian 308 Win ammo shoot this well. Before this lot it was usually 3-4 moa at 100yds other than the current lot I've been using. This lot has been incredible. It was bought iirc a few years ago. I bought it for breaking in barrels. I highly doubt I get this lucky again. I've been piling up 175gr SMK for some time now and will start loading them up here this season. I'd buy a box of several different brands and weights of Russian 308 and see if your rifle likes one before buying a case. Even the finest made ammunition can change from lot to lot. I do enjoy testing new factory rounds inexpensive to expensive.
    That's been my experience too. I don't have a lot of experience though.

Likelyhood of finding that lot again?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Outstanding work, Dad.

One of my store bought Big Name 7.62s shoots just under 2" at 100 but I don't feed it Wolf.

Always happy to see what INGOers can do.

I usually use Wolf for break in period on all my firearms. Much cheaper. Then its usually brass or nickel case reloads with match grade bullets. I am one of those guys that chase sub moa groups.

Last edited:

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I love my M5E1. Only thing it's been fed is 168 gr Federal Match. I finally got it out last weekend with the can on it for the first time. Surprisingly, no gas issues and it cycled/fed with no issues!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I love my M5E1. Only thing it's been fed is 168 gr Federal Match. I finally got it out last weekend with the can on it for the first time. Surprisingly, no gas issues and it cycled/fed with no issues!

I really like the 175gr SMK. I usually stock up on the bullets throughout the winter, then reload all summer. My Ruger Precision Rifle loves the 175gr SMK. I hope this barrel likes the same load as the Ruger Precision Rifle. If not I'll have to work up a load for it.

Top Bottom