• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No, I didn't get one, but if I had hit the lottery recently I might have bid on it! Indy191a4 turned me on to this Gunbroker ad. Just such a gorgeous rifle (especially the crest), that I wanted to share. It was already expensive when indy shared it, but I put it on my watch list just to see how high it would go. If only I'd been born rich instead of so good looking... :lmfao:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/869171160

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's called gray blanket magic.

:):

44e2vh.jpg

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Fun little read.. Skip to page 15 - 16 to read about the indonesian contract... Or just read the whole thing for lots of FN49 goodness..

https://americansocietyofarmscollec...-Fabrique-Nationale-Fusil-Semi-Automatiqu.pdf

That was an interesting article. I, of course, knew about the German invasions during the two world wars, but it kind of brought home the human dimension to read about Dieudonne Saive fleeing to England, not once, but twice during his lifetime!

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Wow, I never knew about the Congo, Columbian or Brazilian contracts either. So many cool crests! I can't belive that Indonesian went for over $6K. :faint:

When was the last time you saw one for sale??? Per Sreisel.. Is the amazement how he gets top dollar it seems.. Or is the amzement that on a weekly basis he has items for sale that one just does not find.

ha ha a true story I saw him at a show once there was this real slack jawed yokel giving him the third degree about where he found his guns??? Where does he shop??? Who does he get his guns from... God you should have seen the look on Sreisels face.. But Mr. Sreisel was polite and nice about it..

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When was the last time you saw one for sale??? Per Sreisel.. Is the amazement how he gets top dollar it seems.. Or is the amzement that on a weekly basis he has items for sale that one just does not find.

ha ha a true story I saw him at a show once there was this real slack jawed yokel giving him the third degree about where he found his guns??? Where does he shop??? Who does he get his guns from... God you should have seen the look on Sreisels face.. But Mr. Sreisel was polite and nice about it..

I remember that guy. I heard he got some killer deals buying from sreisel. I think sreisel realized they were kindred spirits and called off his shills when that guy would bid. :p

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I remember that guy. I heard he got some killer deals buying from sreisel. I think sreisel realized they were kindred spirits and called off his shills when that guy would bid. :p

Oh man the lowest form of auction win.. The feel sorry mercy win..

I have seen local auctions where people will bring their Grand kids to bid on things to get that mercy bid. The worst is they let the kid run around with untied shoes, messed up hair to get sympathy, geeez what some folks will do. Believe it or not, I was at an auction where a guy was trying to rent another guys grand kid so he could let the kid bid for him..

At auctions you see it all...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh man the lowest form of auction win.. The feel sorry mercy win..

I have seen local auctions where people will bring their Grand kids to bid on things to get that mercy bid. The worst is they let the kid run around with untied shoes, messed up hair to get sympathy, geeez what some folks will do. Believe it or not, I was at an auction where a guy was trying to rent another guys grand kid so he could let the kid bid for him..

At auctions you see it all...

Well [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] er, that guy should have come up with a higher offer for the grand kid.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I bought an Egyptian FN-49, 8mm, dropped once never fired condition for $250, in the late 80's. I actually had sand in the butt plate when I removed it.....

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    sreisel is the best I have picked up more than a few of his rifle auctions. I have also been out to his place and you would not believe the stuff that guy has on hand at any given time. I walked in there and just stood in disbelief for the first 10 minutes. God bless Larry, He truly is the king of milsurp kings.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    sreisel is the best I have picked up more than a few of his rifle auctions. I have also been out to his place and you would not believe the stuff that guy has on hand at any given time. I walked in there and just stood in disbelief for the first 10 minutes. God bless Larry, He truly is the king of milsurp kings.

Oh man... :bowdown: I would love to see that. Dennis Kroh (Empire Arms) is good, but Larry is definitely the king. I've gotten lucky on a few, because most of his stuff does command a premium (because it's usually so unusual). And FWIW, I really don't believe he uses shills to pump up his bids. I think that comes from people that have a bad case of sour grapes.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I met the gray blanket crew and even got to touch the magical blanket itself at an NGD show a few years back. It was life changing

Same here (but I didn't get to touch the blanket :):). Might have even been the same show. I don't think Steven (Stephen?) was there, but I believe it was Larry.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I bought an Egyptian FN-49, 8mm, dropped once never fired condition for $250, in the late 80's. I actually had sand in the butt plate when I removed it.....

Heh, I sold mine because one day the better 2/3's was spotting for me when I was developing some low power 125 grain loads for ack-acking at running jack rabbits...
    And it spit them all out at once due to having just enough energy to eject and grab another cartridge but not enough to recock.
    But it was a great group!
    So any how, I knew she would be bugged forever after so I sold it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Heh, I sold mine because one day the better 2/3's was spotting for me when I was developing some low power 125 grain loads for ack-acking at running jack rabbits...
    And it spit them all out at once due to having just enough energy to eject and grab another cartridge but not enough to recock.
    But it was a great group!
    So any how, I knew she would be bugged forever after so I sold it.

8mm for rabbits? Were they like this rabbit? Because if so, you were probably under-gunned! :):

[video=youtube;cCI18qAoKq4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCI18qAoKq4[/video]

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    never heard of the indonesian, i have a belgium,argentine and a columbian and venezuelan, had a egyptian but fired turkish ammo in it and it never function the same afterwards, this was before i knew about turkish ammo being hotter and inconsistent

Top Bottom