• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I'm consider consolidating some calibers and getting in to some longer range shooting. I have a pristine Arsenal SLR107 FR that i've only shot at the range one time and i'm the original buyer from when it was new but i'm not sure what the current market value is on these. I know they have all but dried up in the market and hard to get a hold of but i would still like to be fair. GunBroker is crazy as always so i try and not go by that. What do y'all think a fair rate would be?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    No ban on imports, just hard to get. Used I would say $850-$1,000. I paid $1,100 about 2 years ago but I would say the market was tighter and I was willing to pay a small premium for that one in particular.

J-Var has 107Rs for $1.149.99 and they are in stock.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think I gave $900 for a used one a few years ago at ZX, but I am sure they are higher right now in this market.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    No ban on imports, just hard to get. Used I would say $850-$1,000. I paid $1,100 about 2 years ago but I would say the market was tighter and I was willing to pay a small premium for that one in particular.

J-Var has 107Rs for $1.149.99 and they are in stock.

I just looked and yeah, out of stock everywhere and $1250+ used. Unless one really wanted a factory folder, I think the 107R with aftermarket stock would be a good alternative. So you can be in a comparable folding Bulgarian AK for say $1,350ish new.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I just looked and yeah, out of stock everywhere and $1250+ used. Unless one really wanted a factory folder, I think the 107R with aftermarket stock would be a good alternative. So you can be in a comparable folding Bulgarian AK for say $1,350ish new.

From what I've seen i have to agree with you snorko. Right now it's looks like $1,250 is the ball park. Much less than the auction sites. Unless something unforseen comes up I'll hang on to it.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Fair is whatever someone is willing to buy it from you for. Like new with the manual and accessories (and us Arsenal guys LOVE our boxes), and it'll sell nearly instantly for $1,250. The FR in its original configuration, outside of a few batches with questionable finishes, is much higher quality fit, finish, and QC than Arsenal's current R model. It's also MUCH more desirable among AK fans. I have zero interest in an R at any price, but would buy a second FR in a heartbeat if the price was right. I highly doubt we'll see this model as originally imported, imported again, and if so it'll be Arsenal reusing the name for an inferior firearm.

Recently completed GB listings have them going for between $1,500 to $2,000+ depending on condition and what's included, all with many bidders. To me it would be worth the added hassle and seller fees to list it as a no-reserve penny auction over there and watch the feeding frenzy ensue. Link it here and I'll be a happy bidder!

Other suggestion would be to comb the AK Files marketplace and see what they've recently sold for.

To expect to get $1,500+ for it, especially in this climate, isn't out of the question or unfair whatsoever IMO.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have an FR model myself, IF I were going to sell mine, I would list it on gunbroker.
    I am already an established sell on GB.
    Some people are very hesitant to bid on something of value if you have little or no feedback as a seller.
    I think you would get $1800 + on GB right now.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    I think the fair rate would be gunbroker rate less the commission you would need to pay to sell it there.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'd agree with the $1200-1300 region, because if I was in the market for an AK that is the model I'd be wanting. And that is the price I would completely expect to pay.

But no one could blame you for stretching it a bit as the demand is astronomical. It isn't gouging if that's what the current going rate is.
    If we weren't in a pandemic and guns were readily available on the shelves, that stretched price may be a bit much, but right now? No.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Pre pandemic they were getting 1500+. They were usually sold in a few days. In exc condition with everything that's probably still the number

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham

That's a very old listing. Only review on it is from four years ago. Gander probably keeps the page active as clickbait for anyone who might stumble on it thinking they've unearthed a rare, unprecedented deal, only to discover it's not actually in stock anywhere. So while they're already there, maybe they'll go see what else Gander has for sale on its website.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    The 5.45 models have been unavailable for even longer and have been getting even higher premiums than the 107fr. $150+ in mags too.

People want what they cannot have.

PSA's 74 can't get here soon enough. Each batch will likely sell out in seconds, regardless of initial quality.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I still got an Arsenal SGL-20 61 NIB. I don't need the money but I just might. It's got 3x Circle 10's and 4x 20rd Hungarian Tankers. I just can't bring myself to shoot it.

Top Bottom