• ...and so much more!
  • zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I’m looking to get an inexpensive plinker in 22 thst is threaded. I have a ruger American target but honestly it is more gun than I’ll use or need. Honestly just want to to shoot cans and what not at short ranges with the kids.

there was a rock island y14 I believe was model I was looking at at point blank and as luck would have it, it sold today before I went to snag it this evening.

looking for suggestions and thanks in advance

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I am an idiot. That honestly never even crossed my mind. I’ll have to keep eye out. Was also looking for iron sights so i don’t need optic line on target. I believe the standard American fits the bill there as well.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Doesn't have iron sights, but the Savage Mk II FV-SR is a great little rifle, bolt action and threaded. I have one I fancied up in a chassis and high dollar scope, which makes one hole groups at 100 yds. Shotting buddy has one too, and in stock form it shoots very well, also.

https://savagearms.com/content?p=firearms&a=product_summary&s=28702

Bud's has them for $203, https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/71899

Get a red dot for it, and it would be great for plinking with the kids.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Will look at savage or base American As soon as I get the American target sold I guess. Seem to be more aligned with what I want to use it for

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I know you want a bolt action, but you should really consider the 10/22 also. You can have a cheaper version for right around $200. Really great fun for plinking too.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    ive had a few and typically always have one. Really just want bolt action so it is silent to shoot

I know you want a bolt action, but you should really consider the 10/22 also. You can have a cheaper version for right around $200. Really great fun for plinking too.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I really like my Ruger American. I went fancy and got a Talo and then had the barrel chopped/threaded, but even the basic ones are nice rifles.

It quickly became the only 22 bolt action in the safe, the rest moved on.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I’m hoping I’ll be able to find one. I really like my American target but it’s silly for me to have that much in something that I don’t really use for it’s intended purpose

I really like my Ruger American. I went fancy and got a Talo and then had the barrel chopped/threaded, but even the basic ones are nice rifles.

It quickly became the only 22 bolt action in the safe, the rest moved on.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I’m hoping I’ll be able to find one. I really like my American target but it’s silly for me to have that much in something that I don’t really use for it’s intended purpose

On the other hand, you already have it. The fit and finish on the target model is a step up from the base models as well.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I just picked up a Marlin XT22 like new for $80. For that price you can thread it and maybe chop it down some. Be a nice handy little rig.

Deals are out there you will find something. Hit some pawn shops too.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Thanks for all the input. Went with the savage. Found one local at the outdoorsman. Paid 20 more than I should but worth it to me to not wait for one to ship

Irukanji

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    SW Indiana
    CZ 452 and 455 are amazing guns that have a great track record. The challenge is they do have a different threading than some accessories.

Top Bottom