• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can't remember, but might as well say, "Language warning"

[video=youtube;UgPmWopkVF4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgPmWopkVF4[/video]

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I stand corrected, a General not a Colonel. He needs to keep his sorry anorexic ass on the driving range and off the gun range.

ARRAY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Griffith
    To me that term "full semi auto RIFLE" infers that you have a complete functioning weapon. So your not missing any parts, LOL

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Found the bio for one retired Lieutenant General Mark Hertling. My comments below are obvious. The ID in my wallet is the same color as his, so as a Blue ID Mafia Consigliere it is well within my lane to tell this mamby pamby whats what.

Leaving his beloved US Army in January 2013, Lieutenant General (retired) Mark Hertling is now leading programs for Global Partnering, Leadership Development and Health Performance Strategies at the innovative Florida Hospital in Orlando. (The Buzz-Word Institute of what?? WTF-Over does that sound made up or what??)

Prior to joining Florida Hospital, Mark served for almost four decades in the US Army. At the time of his retirement, he was Commanding General of US Army Europe, where he led over 40,000 soldiers, cared for over 100,000 family members, and partnered with the armies of 50 countries in the European theater. (WWII ended in 45 and the Cold War ended in 91, just sayin...)

During his military career, LTG Hertling commanded training organizations at the Army’s National Training Center (Ft Irwin, California) and the Joint Multi-National Training Center (Grafenwoehr, Germany). (This is from a West Point website and it's touting, training organizations.)

He was an assistant Division Commander in Baghdad in 2003-4, and later commanded the Army’s 1st Armored Division (1AD) in Germany and in Northern Iraq during the surge. Hertling spent over 36 months in combat. (Tank driver, mm-k.)

Receiving a Bachelor of Science from the U.S. Military Academy in 1975, LTG Hertling is a graduate of the Army’s Staff College, the School of Advanced Military Studies, and the National War College. He also holds Masters Degrees in History and International Relations from these institutions, and he also earned a Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology from Indiana University. (Oh, an MA in PE from IU. Obviously spent too much time with the hippies down in Monroe County.)

In addition to working with Florida Hospital, Mark was appointed by President Obama to be one of 25 members of the President’s Council on Fitness, Sport and Nutrition. He serves as an advisor to the non-profit organizations “Mission: Readiness,” “World T.E.A.M. Sport,” and “Operation Gratitude. (Barry O's fitness council, Mike Obama starved the children so this makes sense. The rest of this **** sounds made up.)

He also acts as a military analyst for CNN. (Of course...)

Mark speaks and acts passionately on the subjects of leadership, national security, and health trends. His book, Growing Physician Leaders, was published in December 2015. (**** this ************ is lame as a no-legged horse. **** him and the horse he rode in on.)

https://mwi.usma.edu/mark-hertling/

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yup Kelly. After I saw that video the first time, I also had to look him up, to check his bona-fides.
    Unbelievable.

As for Jaybird's comment... not everyone in the military is a trigger yanker.
    And officers have enlisted to do the trigger yanking.
    Some idiot actually was arguing gun control with me, using that guy as an example.
    His argument was, I was just a lowly Petty Officer on a sub, this guy was a "General" in the Army.
    Therefore, his argument carried more weight.

Sigh.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I stand corrected, a General not a Colonel. He needs to keep his sorry anorexic ass on the driving range and off the gun range.

How much you wanna bet, if he actually did any quals on the range, either someone used a pencil to put the holes in the target, or someone else actually fired the weapon for him.
    It happens.
    Really does.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yup Kelly. After I saw that video the first time, I also had to look him up, to check his bona-fides.
    Unbelievable.

As for Jaybird's comment... not everyone in the military is a trigger yanker.
    And officers have enlisted to do the trigger yanking.
    Some idiot actually was arguing gun control with me, using that guy as an example.
    His argument was, I was just a lowly Petty Officer on a sub, this guy was a "General" in the Army.
    Therefore, his argument carried more weight.

Sigh.

General Patton is rolling over in his grave. Now that was a General who would've had the bona fides to talk weapons. Olympic Pentathlete who also shot it out with Pancho Villa's baddies. Needless to say old George's groupings would've been much better.

As for Mister full-semi-auto? He checked the right boxes and had the right assignments. The people in his organizations were nothing short of outstanding despite having to tolerate this asshat.

Top Bottom