• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WelchyV90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2020
    Indiana
    In reference to what? You will have to specific on what you are looking for in the laws. Mostly there are no restrictions on rifles other than what is at the federal level (NFA and all that)

WelchyV90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2020
    Indiana
    I don't just go by what people want to gossip about the laws.
    I would like to read IC on all rifle laws, if they exist.

One of my concerns, is I've been told a rifle needs to be unloaded inside a vehicle. I'm not disbelieving it's law, but I find it hard to believe a loaded rifle can not be in your vehicle.
    Especially when the owner of the vehicle, and the rifle, also possess an LTCH.

I did find that no license is required to open carry a rifle. So this leads back to the vehicle.
    If one can open carry a loaded rifle, without a license, why wouldn't that same rifle be allowed in a vehicle.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Indiana

All in the first table with specific laws linked

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Yeah nothing about that in IC laws, that being said I found on a site called The High Road, they do not have definite answers. But one guy made a point about carrying and if stopped the LEO May call the Game warden and enquire if you are poaching.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    ......but I find it hard to believe a loaded rifle can not be in your vehicle.
    Especially when the owner of the vehicle, and the rifle, also possess an LTCH.

In Indiana, you are fine. BUT, in our neighbors to the north, that is the case.

Rifles, shotguns, muzzleloading and other firearms must be unloaded in both barrel and magazine and enclosed in a case or carried in the trunk of a vehicle

So yes, laws like that do exist, just not in Indiana.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    There aren't laws that tell you what you can do. Indiana code has a whole section on how weapons are regulated. Rifles aren't really mentioned, therefore you can pretty exercise your library as you see fit.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There aren't laws that tell you what you can do. Indiana code has a whole section on how weapons are regulated. Rifles aren't really mentioned, therefore you can pretty exercise your library as you see fit.

This. The laws only tell you what you CANT do. Some hunting regs will give you some CANs (game limits, etc) but typically the way laws are written, you can do anything you want UNLESS there is a law against us. Its easier to say specifically what you CANT do. I'd dare say its nearly impossible for laws to generally tell you what you CAN do. It would be too exhaustive and impractical.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Spotlighting deer is not illegal provided you don’t have any weapons which could be used to hunt them.

Outside of hunting and restrictions on specific locations rifles are pretty much unregulated in Indiana. It is not illegal to have a loaded rifle in your vehicle unless you are otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Shining deer is not illegal.

Any weapon in the vehicle turns it into poaching though. Including your EDC handgun.

The OP could get free advice from a 2A attorney this evening at 5:00. WIBC - The Gun Guy

Top Bottom