• ...and so much more!
  • rawbeervoter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 13, 2020
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Hello INGO Folks,

I live in the Indy area and don't have enough property to shoot on, so I've made the best of my situation and set up a 10M air rifle range in my basement. I'm curious if there's anyone out here who could point me in the right direction/ideas on setting up some type of computer based automatic scoring system. I'm not really a fan of paying top dollar for off the shelf commercial products that a large volume range my use (ie CMP), but curious if there's anyone out there that has some type of DIY solution using high end webcams and software recommendations? If anyone has anything set up, I'd love to check out your rig sometime.

Thanks for reading.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Welcome to INGO. Sorry, but I still do my paper killing outside.

I will be interested to hear if any other members have gone down this path...

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Hello INGO Folks,

I live in the Indy area and don't have enough property to shoot on, so I've made the best of my situation and set up a 10M air rifle range in my basement. I'm curious if there's anyone out here who could point me in the right direction/ideas on setting up some type of computer based automatic scoring system. I'm not really a fan of paying top dollar for off the shelf commercial products that a large volume range my use (ie CMP), but curious if there's anyone out there that has some type of DIY solution using high end webcams and software recommendations? If anyone has anything set up, I'd love to check out your rig sometime.

Thanks for reading.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? An electronic sensor for scoring like a SCATT, a program to record scores, or something else?

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Spotting scope has worked fine for me. Halogens on the target, low ambient light at the line, 19x spotter on the offhand stand.

Spend your money on better pellets, better pellet eaters, and targets. Buy the expensive targets, by the way, and keep them dry.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Perhaps a better forum is the Target Talk section from Pilkington Guns website. Its a largely air gun community with threads pertaining to your original post.

rawbeervoter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 13, 2020
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Hello Hawkeye7br -

I am exploring options at this point. I was hoping to get some suggestions from this thread.

It's hard to speak intelligently on various options when I don't know what is available. I would rather stay away from laser devices that attach to the rifle. I'm more looking at ways to do automatic scoring by optically taking an image of a target after the round and sending it through some software that will analyze the results. I will take a look at SCATT and visit the Pilkington site as you suggest. Thank you.

Top Bottom