Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: .22LR Rifle Range Fun

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KMaC View Post
    Ruger Precision Rimfire, 5 shots, 50 yds, Eley Action Plus 42 gr/HV
    Sorry for the size of the pic, I don't know how to reduce it.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Daaannnnggggggg!!!!! Nice group, real nice group. Good thing you left the pic big so we could see it. Had thought about getting some of that to try but missed out on it.
    Tulta munille! HAKKAA PÄÄLLE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Nice shooting. Hope I have something that likes the Action Plus as well as your RPR because I bought a case of it.
    You need to get out and try it. If you get good results like KMaC, I'm definitely going to get some!

User Info Menu

Thanks guys.
    The RPR seems to like the Eley Action Plus. I'm a little surprised because it doesn't shoot as well with other HV ammo like Aguila HV or Mini Mags. Maybe the Eley's extra weight helps stabilize the high velocity round.
    Or maybe I just have good and bad days.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I just ran some Eley Action Plus Tuesday in my 10/22 and it ran great. I had results like KMac did, though not as tight as his group - that's some good shooting!
    I also ran some CCI "Tactical" with good groupings, it was the first time I tried it and I was pleased.

I am still sorting out my new 10/22 and figuring out what it likes. I dropped in a BX trigger and was using it for the first time Tuesday, not sure I will stick with it but what a huge improvement over the stock trigger.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys.
    The RPR seems to like the Eley Action Plus. I'm a little surprised because it doesn't shoot as well with other HV ammo like Aguila HV or Mini Mags. Maybe the Eley's extra weight helps stabilize the high velocity round.
    Or maybe I just have good and bad days.
    Other reports I've seen elsewhere all have been favorable with both Action and Action Plus. Considering those are Eley's lowest prices offerings I think it shoots way better than the price would indicate. The Action I bought was only a couple bucks more a brick than CCI SV so its a real bargain considering the performance. I think the weight has some to do with it, but also the lube. I've shot other ammo after the Eley, and invariably the first couple of groups would be tighter than average but once the lube was gone, back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Plinker556 View Post
    I just ran some Eley Action Plus Tuesday in my 10/22 and it ran great. I had results like KMac did, though not as tight as his group - that's some good shooting!
    I also ran some CCI "Tactical" with good groupings, it was the first time I tried it and I was pleased.

I am still sorting out my new 10/22 and figuring out what it likes. I dropped in a BX trigger and was using it for the first time Tuesday, not sure I will stick with it but what a huge improvement over the stock trigger.
    Amazing how much a difference a better trigger makes in them! My wife's tiger carved 10/22 went from a 3-4 MOA rifle to a 2 MOA rifle with a BX.

Oh, and thanks for the ammo report. Y'all are making it hard on my ammo budget!

User Info Menu

Ruger Precision Rimfire, 5 shots, 50 yds, Eley Action Plus 42 gr/HV
    Sorry for the size of the pic, I don't know how to reduce it.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Wow that's some fine shooting.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    Wow that's some fine shooting.
    Thanks.

Master

User Info Menu

I always wanted a Lilja barrel and late one evening I was weak and used my CZ 457 as an excuse to get one.

Also added a YoDave trigger spring and brought the trigger pull weight down to ~1 lb +/-.

At some point I will bed the action. I have everything I need except the mindset to chance gluing the action in place. It will come.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    I always wanted a Lilja barrel and late one evening I was weak and used my CZ 457 as an excuse to get one.

Also added a YoDave trigger spring and brought the trigger pull weight down to ~1 lb +/-.

At some point I will bed the action. I have everything I need except the mindset to chance gluing the action in place. It will come.

Hello, DARLING!
    Don't blame me....it is Turbo's fault.

In my opinion, the M-1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised. - Lieutenant General George S. Patton, Jr.

User Info Menu

I have had the Caldwell shooting gallery for around fifteen years now. It has been loads of fun. Unfortunately this summer the motor seized up and is blowing fuses. I have searched and searched, the shooting gallery isn't out there anymore. Caldwell stopped making them. I haven't torn it apart to see if it can be repaired. Not sure if that motor is unique to the shooting gallery and not available.
    watch

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast