• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So I have decided to add one more AR to the mix. I was going to go 308 but have decided right now with ammo shortages and prices that 5.56 just keeps it simple. I like both the Ruger MPR and the Springfield Saint Victor. Could care less about what some CEO did years ago.. Anyhow the MPR is 18 inch and the saint 16 inch. As best I can tell they are both pretty good rifles. I will be running suppressed if that matters and am planning on putting the Vortex strike eagle on it 1x8. As best I can tell on GB right not the MPR is a few hundred less but the Victor comes in a color other then black and I like that too.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive heard good things about the saint. Given you want to run it suppressed, I'd go that route given the bbl length.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Saint is a solid entry AR-15. Teamed up with BCM for a solid off the rack stick with a mid-length gas system, F stamped fsb, decent trigger, option of 45 degree safety (not for me, but some dig it) and I like the furniture. Best feature: nothing proprietary to the Saint. You can swamp the entire thing out if you don't like it!

Got to be one of the top 3 guns for the money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRgND5KFElc

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Okay well just jumped on PSA and they had a Victor in stock for $999 so I bought it. Now they say out of stock so hopefully I got it. Fumbling around with my credit card for 5 mins lol

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Okay well just jumped on PSA and they had a Victor in stock for $999 so I bought it. Now they say out of stock so hopefully I got it. Fumbling around with my credit card for 5 mins lol

My only complaint is it typically takes them a week or so to actually get your product out the door. So if it doesnt ship right away, dont panic.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Yeah. I know they are a little slow but that’s cool. Not in a huge hurry. My buddy just got laced at the local gun store on a Smith and Wesson. He just couldn’t wait. Lol. I guess at least he got one.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Saint is a solid entry AR-15. Teamed up with BCM for a solid off the rack stick with a mid-length gas system, F stamped fsb, decent trigger, option of 45 degree safety (not for me, but some dig it) and I like the furniture. Best feature: nothing proprietary to the Saint. You can swamp the entire thing out if you don't like it!

Got to be one of the top 3 guns for the money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRgND5KFElc

I agree with Kirk, my dad bought a Saint Victor AR15 last July and it is a very nice rifle. It has all of the stuff out of the box that most want to upgrade for after buying a true entry level AR. The SA muzzle brake practically eliminates muzzle rise and softens the recoil.

shawnppickett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Just as a counter point, I went to buy last weekend and couldn't find an AR-15 to save my life, did find (and purchased) a SIG AR-10 Tread (716), the place I bought it had plenty of .308 ammo on hand, I've also had an easier time finding .308 ammo on line than 5.56 or .223. Just some food for thought...

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Just as a counter point, I went to buy last weekend and couldn't find an AR-15 to save my life, did find (and purchased) a SIG AR-10 Tread (716), the place I bought it had plenty of .308 ammo on hand, I've also had an easier time finding .308 ammo on line than 5.56 or .223. Just some food for thought...

Yeah I have pretty much decided I need both in my life. I just started checking out the SIG Tread, new to me, last week. Let me know how you like it.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Valid point for sure. Spikes in demand can certainly cause inversions in market prices.

With .308 in general being less in demand than 5.56, you can absolutely make a pretty good case as a 7.62 rifle being a great "stack em deep" kind of rifle. For many people, the weight penalty and extra recoil might be easily a worthy tradeoff to get a substantially higher energy chambering that still offers milsurp and NATO ammo support.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So I order the Victor from PSA... Stop into my LGS to look around and bump into a DD rifle.. Basically twice the price of the Victor but now of course I want that. Contact PSA and they say sorry its already shipped so now the dilemma is I can try to have the FFL refuse the rifle ( per PSA instructions ) or just suck it up and give it a shot. I can always sell it and given the market I doubt I would lose much of anything.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Just for good measure I also picked up a DDM4v7 today:patriot:

I hate it when that happens, but you gotta take advantage of those opportunities when they arise. Guaranteed that if you passed on the DD, the next customer would have scooped it up. Good that you're 'stacking em deep' like Hohn said above. Congrats, you won't regret it.

Top Bottom