Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AR15 Brands Bushmaster vs others

Plinker

User Info Menu

AR15 Brands Bushmaster vs others

Hello,

I have an option to purchase a Bushmaster AR15 at a decent price but don't have much experience with the brand. How do they stack up against other brands?

Thanks,

User Info Menu

I would stay away from the newer models. Quality from everything I have read went down after they sold the name in about 06 or 07. I have a 07 model I bought before O took office. That I believe was not long after the sale. They had already started using a commercial buffer tube to save money back then. To be honest my S&W AR shoots as well as my Bushy at half the cost.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sempifi99 View Post
    Hello,

I have an option to purchase a Bushmaster AR15 at a decent price but don't have much experience with the brand. How do they stack up against other brands?

Thanks,

...depends on your definition of "decent price"
    sauce will thicken upon standing

Stay Picky my Friends

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricnzak View Post
    I would stay away from the newer models. Quality from everything I have read went down after they sold the name in about 06 or 07. I have a 07 model I bought before O took office. That I believe was not long after the sale. They had already started using a commercial buffer tube to save money back then. To be honest my S&W AR shoots as well as my Bushy at half the cost.

Anything before 2006 because of what he said above. Was bought by the group that owns Remington and quality took a bit of a dive. But the "old" Bushmaster became Wyndam Weaponry and they're decent. Just depends on "decent price". There are a lot of good options these days that don't cost a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post
    I've banned a couple of people while in church.
    # 937

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler-The-Piker View Post
    ...depends on your definition of "decent price"
    I agree with this. Id prefer an older Windham Bushmaster but Id buy a newer one at a good price.
    Busse Combat. Unchallenged. Unmatched. No regrets.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jd4320t View Post
    I agree with this. Id prefer an older Windham Bushmaster but Id buy a newer one at a good price.
    This right here. Was the B of the ABCs. Not the one made by Remington. If it doesn't say made in Windham, I wouldn't buy it.
    1911s are like Glocks except they are for grown-ups.

Marksman

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I have a couple of the older Windham Bushmaster's and they have never given me any problems. I also have one made in Lyons NY that has also been flawless. I like the 1:9 twist and chrome lined barrels. I have ran a couple of courses with one of the carbines and it has never stopped running. YMMV
    Someday, I hope to be as good of a person as my dog thinks I am

Plinker

User Info Menu

If you're really set on a Bushmaster look for used models made in Windam, Maine, those are the good ones. Otherwise I personally have liked everything I've gotten from Aero Precision, and an Aero Precision is probably 6-800 for a complete rifle. You could always just go the route of putting together a parts list and building the lower and having a gunsmith assemble the upper if you're not comfortable with that part.

User Info Menu

Nothing wrong with Bushingtons. Opinions on equipment are revealing of experience.

No Compromise

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast