• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walking Bear

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2017
    Floyds Knobs
    Greetings decided to post my 1895 Marlin 45/70. Found a Ranger Point stock set, added a XS scout mount, Vortex Venom on a American Defense quick release, Pretty nifty would love to deer hunt with it on public land.

Attachments

• 4570dark.jpg
      4570dark.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 82

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I like "tacticool" lever guns and think they are a practical tool. I spent a good deal of money building up a 16" Md 336 into something cool then Marlin goes ahead and starts putting them out.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I have Henry's version, I just hope maybe I could find a black laminate stock to replace the plastic crap. It's fun to suppress the big thumper.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    I have Henry's version, I just hope maybe I could find a black laminate stock to replace the plastic crap. It's fun to suppress the big thumper.

A black laminate would definitely feel better than the plastic. When I picked mine up there sales guy commented on how light it was which is great and all. However, it just doesn't feel right.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

That is one of the things I prefer about the Marlin. The Dark stocks are laminate painted with what looks and feel like Krylon truck bed liner.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    A black laminate would definitely feel better than the plastic. When I picked mine up there sales guy commented on how light it was which is great and all. However, it just doesn't feel right.

Yeah I figured it would add a bit of weight too and take some of the shoulder punch out of the HSM and Underwood stuff. First gun I've owned in years that will really bruise my shoulder.

Top Bottom