• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • qwickwire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I have two AK's and I am thinking of selling one of them. I need help deciding which one to sell.

One AK is a Norinco MAK-90. The other AK is an Arsenal SGL-10. The SGL-10 is made by Saiga and is supposed to be very close to a true Russian AK rifle. Both are chambered in 7.62x39.

Which one should I sell and why? Or, should I keep both because one should always have a backup?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Now is not the time to be selling defensive weapons, unless you just have a safe full of them.

If you just have to sell, you'll get more for it if you can wait until October.

If you don't have an AR, you might go ahead and pick one of those up as well.
    Although 5.56 ammo cost is double what 7.62x39 ammo is right now, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I'd keep both for now. x39 ammo seems to be at least a little more available than 223/556 ammo right now. And as already mentioned, both will also have a higher value the closer we get to the election.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Why do you want to sell ... to maximize profit? To free up safe space? To get rid of a spare? Something else? All of the above?

If I were to get rid of one, I'd ditch the MAK. Relatively easy to find if I had seller's remorse and relatively affordable in the world of AKs (COVID notwithstanding), and they've never been very collectible or "must-have-now" guns by most AK enthusiasts, even the Chicom crowd. But then again I've never sold a gun simply to maximize profit, so if that's what you're after you'll likely get more money for the Arsenal, as long as you didn't Bubba the conversion. Did you do a full conversion with legit parts or just the rear?

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    This is just me: lately I've taken the stance that if I don't shoot it regularly and there isn't some sentimental attachment to the gun I'm considering selling anything. Even if you are considering SHTF scenario I think you'd be better served mastering one platform/caliber. In that world there are enough guns around you could scavenge and equip a squad.

qwickwire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Indianapolis
    This is just me: lately I've taken the stance that if I don't shoot it regularly and there isn't some sentimental attachment to the gun I'm considering selling anything. Even if you are considering SHTF scenario I think you'd be better served mastering one platform/caliber. In that world there are enough guns around you could scavenge and equip a squad.

It is for this reason why I want to sell one of my AK's. I don't shoot them regularly, and I don't particularly like how they shoot.
    However, this rationale says I should sell both AK's. I guess I may have an emotional attachment to AK's in general, thereby my reason for only wanting to sell one.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Funny thing with the AK variants is that many people who never felt close to a specific firearm find the AKs to be addictive.

I would suggest hanging on to the MAK-90 as with more people getting into the hobby, and Chinese rifle importation being verboten, they are more likely than most to appreciate in value.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    I'll buy both of them. For cash. If I had to choose, I'd prefer to buy the Norinco, but would definitely settle for the Arsenal.

2 is 1 and 1 is NONE.

AK's aren't like AR's and other common platforms that share parts...there are so many variants, that unless you have a few of a specific make/model, you might be out of luck with parts interchangeability.

AR's, though far less interesting are MUCH more practical...you can literally make one out of any two you find unless they both have the same damages. I learned how to shoot on AR's...I have thousands more rounds through AR's (and M16's) than any other platform out there...

...but I just ****ING LOVE AK's!

seriously though...keep one and sell the other one to me. I have cash on hand.

/thread

qwickwire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Indianapolis
    "2 is 1 and 1 is NONE." exactly.

Although you may not have the parts interchangeability with the AK's; they are so tough, you will not really ever need spare parts.

mechmc17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Zionsville
    It is for this reason why I want to sell one of my AK's. I don't shoot them regularly, and I don't particularly like how they shoot.
    However, this rationale says I should sell both AK's. I guess I may have an emotional attachment to AK's in general, thereby my reason for only wanting to sell one.

If you want to sell the Arsenal, count me as very interested. No need to set a low price on that one.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Sounds like if you make it to 50 you can sell both already and buy an even better one.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    AKs are increasingly popular and sought after. Everyone loves the Arsenals, seems. I’ve kept my eye out for a Norinco but no deals ..... they keep going up and up

Top Bottom