Geissele Automatics Super Duty rifle, worth the money?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've been seeing Geissele rifles pop up for sale here and there online for about 2k. It seems like they aren't flying out of stock like BCM and DD are either. I know they make amazing triggers and from the spec sheet it sounds like a top tier rifle with a top tier price tag. I'm just wondering if they're worth it or not. If I get the chance I'd like to pick up a nice top tier AR and really want to BCM Reece 16 precision. But they are gone as soon as I get the stock notification email. Any insight on the Geissles?

TacticalFun

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Goshen
    They have many upgrades over the bcm and dd. I would call them high mid tier. You can see an unboxing video i did yesterday on my new one on instagram user tacticalfun

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I have one of the first in od green. I absolutely love it.

PicsArt0806092924.jpg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    They have many upgrades over the bcm and dd. I would call them high mid tier. You can see an unboxing video i did yesterday on my new one on instagram user tacticalfun

Checked out your video. Thanks for the info. Sucks about the $30 coffee though

I have one of the first in od green. I absolutely love it.

PicsArt0806092924.jpg

How does the heavy barrel feel? Does it make the rifle nose heavy?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've also read about people switching out the S42-H2 buffer system for the A5 buffer system. Any reason for that? Smoother shooting? More interchangeably?

TacticalFun

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Goshen
    I've also read about people switching out the S42-H2 buffer system for the A5 buffer system. Any reason for that? Smoother shooting? More interchangeably?
    The s42 is smoother in my opinion. I have both systems.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have an Aero Precision billet rifle using a Geissele SD3C trigger. My barrel is from Sanders Armory in 6mm ARC and a true 5R land lapped stainless steel. I am running Leupold optics off of another rifle since I'm on sick leave right now.
    My point? It's all in perspective. Do you think that the price point is too steep for the features? Can you buy something that can hit the gong at 1000 meters for less?? Are you going to spend the money on quality optics that can wring out the potential of the cartridge you are using???

TacticalFun

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Goshen
    I have an Aero Precision billet rifle using a Geissele SD3C trigger. My barrel is from Sanders Armory in 6mm ARC and a true 5R land lapped stainless steel. I am running Leupold optics off of another rifle since I'm on sick leave right now.
    My point? It's all in perspective. Do you think that the price point is too steep for the features? Can you buy something that can hit the gong at 1000 meters for less?? Are you going to spend the money on quality optics that can wring out the potential of the cartridge you are using???
    Aero doesn't make billet anything

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Rut roh. I guessed it was all Aero since I pulled an Aero barrel out of it! Thanks for catching that!! It was a gun I quit shooting years ago. Heck, it might even be one of my 80% kits which makes it even more special!!!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

I get the build vs buy argument. I really do. I've never built an AR from scratch but I have disassembled/reassembled a lower completely a couple times. I'm pretty good with my hands and tools (I was a powersports/small engine mechanic for almost 14 years) but I'm not brave enough to tackle an upper. I'll tear apart a 200hp in line 4 cylinder engine like nothing but guns I'm leary of the explosive bits. I'd rather buy a working unit then modify as I see the need or not.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    It's not? Oh poop! Is it forged made to look billet? I just buy the stuff! Ha!! Then of course once it sits in the safe and looks at me forlornly and I want to try out the hype DoD is putting out and only loosing 5 rounds out of a 30rd Magpul, well...here we are. I got fooled big time. I wonder if my 80% lowers I bought are actually forged and Ole Dave got pooch screwed???

Here are the barrels:
    https://sandersarmoryusa.com/product-category/barrels/6mm-arc-barrels

Brownells started selling 6mm ARC after I bought my barrel and bolt carrier group.

BTW- I only said OMG cause of my frustration of trying to post pictures from my phone. It's a hassle.

Last edited:

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    I have one of their URGI complete 10.3" uppers that I got on a black friday deal with a free trigger and built the lower with their Super Duty LPK. I've previously just used cheap PSA LPKs and I think the quality of the Geissele kit was worth the premium price. I've got several hundred rounds through the gun and really like it a lot. First time using their charging handle as well and I like it better than the BCMs that I have. The rail also doesn't seem to heat up as quick as the BCM that I have.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I think if you look into it you will find quality forged parts can be better/stronger than billet...crystalline alignment or something like that from forging.

Top Bottom