• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Not familiar with Patrol Three/SIONICS upper, but very familiar with that PSA.
    Ya can't go wrong with an FN CHF chrome lined barrel, and that Geisselle MK14 is just as nice.
    Expect this upper to be a tad heavier than having a set of Magpuls installed, but the trade off is worth it IMHO.
    Good luck with your build.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Not familiar with Patrol Three/SIONICS upper, but very familiar with that PSA.
    Ya can't go wrong with an FN CHF chrome lined barrel, and that Geisselle MK14 is just as nice.
    Expect this upper to be a tad heavier than having a set of Magpuls installed, but the trade off is worth it IMHO.
    Good luck with your build.

https://youtu.be/lGasCGcP7TY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I would build my own.. youll get much more for you money. If you like I can give you some part suggestions to build with.

Bravo company blem upper, odimworks bcg, bravo company charge handle, Ranier or shilen mid length gas barrel (223wylde), SLR 3 stage gas block, odinworks handguard, any good brand mid gas tube (aero, bcm, etc..

I have a few other configurations that will drive nails at 100 yards

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I would build my own.. youll get much more for you money. If you like I can give you some part suggestions to build with.

Bravo company blem upper, odimworks bcg, bravo company charge handle, Ranier or shilen mid length gas barrel (223wylde), SLR 3 stage gas block, odinworks handguard, any good brand mid gas tube (aero, bcm, etc..

I have a few other configurations that will drive nails at 100 yards

Nice how much did that upper build set you back?

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    That particular one using patience and waiting for sales probably about $800

But it shoots like a laser and you can go cheaper than that and still have a fabulous build.
    Like use psa bolt group, (psa bolts are legit contrary to some opinions) go with a cheaper trigger and non adjustable gas block and those 3 things alone will knock nearly 300 of your build

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    But it shoots like a laser and you can go cheaper than that and still have a fabulous build.
    Like use psa bolt group, (psa bolts are legit contrary to some opinions) go with a cheaper trigger and non adjustable gas block and those 3 things alone will knock nearly 300 of your build

Ever try the superlative arms bleed off gas block?

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Crap, that's what I meant sa not the other

I stopped using SLR and went to SA about a year ago.. glad you caught that.. i would be ashamed of any rifle that leaves my shop with SLR lol
    8fdb6b7ad6060f6988f6c82b919a130f.jpg

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I stopped using SLR and went to SA about a year ago.. glad you caught that.. i would be ashamed of any rifle that leaves my shop with SLR lol
    8fdb6b7ad6060f6988f6c82b919a130f.jpg

I actually installed a set screw version of that on an ar-pistol. I'm really liking how it makes the system run on my 10.5" aero upper.
    Do you have a maintenance protocol on it? I tried searching but can't finding anything definite.
    People with purely restrictive gas blocks mention having to more the restrictor know forward and back to where it was set each range trip to prevent it from seizing up and some guys take it apart every so often and do a deep clean.
    But on ar15.com I haven't seen any mention of people doing maintenance work on the superlative arms bleed off gas blocks.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Looking into the SA blocks myself. I think if you are set it and forget it type, it needs no maintenance. If you want to fiddle constantly, you might need to inject bore solvent periodically to keep it freely moving.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Looking into the SA blocks myself. I think if you are set it and forget it type, it needs no maintenance. If you want to fiddle constantly, you might need to inject bore solvent periodically to keep it freely moving.
    Thats the nice the that made me switch, along with beingb3 stage, the way they are designed carbon/flotsam dont affect its ability to adjust

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ive seen a company called Radical Firearms. They have complete rifles, complete uppers and i think they also sell complete lowers.

Are they a good product? Has anyone had any experience with them? I believe they are a Texas company also.

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    Ive seen a company called Radical Firearms. They have complete rifles, complete uppers and i think they also sell complete lowers.

Are they a good product? Has anyone had any experience with them? I believe they are a Texas company also.

A coworker has a Radical Firearms 300blk upper. He says its super accurate, until he puts his can on it. He's fairly confident it isn't the can since he runs it on his other ARs and a bolt gun with no issues. It was a huge difference too, not just an inch or two off. He also had to play with buffer weights to get it to cycle correctly. As long as you aren't running suppressed, he'd recommend it.

Top Bottom