• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I've got a new Ruger PC 9mm carbine on order. It is the basic model without the M-Lok handguard. What do you guys that have one think of them and what are some of the best upgrades for the money? Thanks.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    This right here. :)

sight.jpg

https://www.tandemkross.com/Fiber-Optic-Front-Sight-for-Ruger®-PC-Carbine™_p_606.html

Also this:

MI.jpg

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/MI-Ruger-PC9-M-Lok-Bolt-Handle-p/mi-pc9bh.htm

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I have the old school model, which had standard sights (OK) or ghost ring (longer sight radius, all around better sight) and you could add a rail for optics. Doesn't break down (come apart) like the new ones. Stone cold reliable. And cheap now (if you can find one).

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Is this like the 50th PC9 thread, or have I missed some?

Not ragging at all I think it is a great rifle, since I designed it and sent drawings and specs to Ruger, years before they put it out.

I am still waiting on my free rifle and a couple of shares of stock.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I have the base model. Then added a Midwest Industry chassis a Carbon Fiber hand guard and a Primary Arms red dot. That brought the weight down to two oz less than stock. I think it is a fun little carbine that is over weight by two lbs. Reliability is great just to heavy.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    He probably means the basic model without the M-Lok handguard. They all have a picatinny rail on the receiver for optics.

Duh, Sorry. That is what I meant. Guess I shouldn't be posting on INGO and working at the same time. I'll correct the original post so I hopefully won't confuse anyone else.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Is this like the 50th PC9 thread, or have I missed some?

Not ragging at all I think it is a great rifle, since I designed it and sent drawings and specs to Ruger, years before they put it out.

I am still waiting on my free rifle and a couple of shares of stock.

Sorry, maybe I should have searched more before starting this one. I hope they give you the recognition you deserve. :D

Also, Thank you for your service. My brother was in the 82nd Airborne in the late 80s - early 90s. We had a friend that was a Navy pilot and always said he was crazy for jumping out of a perfectly good plane. :D

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    No problem with starting a new thread. It is a good subject. They will never acknowledge it.

My specs called for interchangable mag wells, but when it came out as a break down I was happy. I also suggested they make it in 9mm, .45 ACP and .40 S&W.

I am just glad they made it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    No problem with starting a new thread. It is a good subject. They will never acknowledge it.

My specs called for interchangable mag wells, but when it came out as a break down I was happy. I also suggested they make it in 9mm, .45 ACP and .40 S&W.

I am just glad they made it.

Do want 45 ACP model.

:)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That was all sent in before I finally got a hold of a Marlin Camp 45.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I wish I had bought one a few months ago when they were readily available locally for $499.

That is what mine was priced for when I ordered it from RK Guns Saturday morning. They now have $539 on them. My order is still showing as "processing". I'll feel a lot better when it ships and much better when I have it in hand.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I picked mine up used and it had a flash hidder on it, don't know if it adds much to the function. I added a 42 mm Tasco red dot and it works great for shooting a steel plate racks at 50 yards. This PCC was a logical choice for me as I have a Ruger SR9 & a SR9C so mags are interchangable through all 3 guns. As noted above it is heavy, If you have shot a Ruger mini 14 it is about the same. Mine has never malfunctioned and it does well with nato loads. I am not a bulls eye shooter just want to hit torso size items if needed. Good luck and enjoy it, also Ruger CS is one of the best.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DMash
    Top Bottom