• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I've got a new Ruger PC 9mm carbine on order. It is the basic model without the M-Lok handguard. What do you guys that have one think of them and what are some of the best upgrades for the money? Thanks.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    This right here. :)

sight.jpg

https://www.tandemkross.com/Fiber-Optic-Front-Sight-for-Ruger®-PC-Carbine™_p_606.html

Also this:

MI.jpg

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/MI-Ruger-PC9-M-Lok-Bolt-Handle-p/mi-pc9bh.htm

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I have the old school model, which had standard sights (OK) or ghost ring (longer sight radius, all around better sight) and you could add a rail for optics. Doesn't break down (come apart) like the new ones. Stone cold reliable. And cheap now (if you can find one).

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Is this like the 50th PC9 thread, or have I missed some?

Not ragging at all I think it is a great rifle, since I designed it and sent drawings and specs to Ruger, years before they put it out.

I am still waiting on my free rifle and a couple of shares of stock.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I have the base model. Then added a Midwest Industry chassis a Carbon Fiber hand guard and a Primary Arms red dot. That brought the weight down to two oz less than stock. I think it is a fun little carbine that is over weight by two lbs. Reliability is great just to heavy.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    He probably means the basic model without the M-Lok handguard. They all have a picatinny rail on the receiver for optics.

Duh, Sorry. That is what I meant. Guess I shouldn't be posting on INGO and working at the same time. I'll correct the original post so I hopefully won't confuse anyone else.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Is this like the 50th PC9 thread, or have I missed some?

Not ragging at all I think it is a great rifle, since I designed it and sent drawings and specs to Ruger, years before they put it out.

I am still waiting on my free rifle and a couple of shares of stock.

Sorry, maybe I should have searched more before starting this one. I hope they give you the recognition you deserve. :D

Also, Thank you for your service. My brother was in the 82nd Airborne in the late 80s - early 90s. We had a friend that was a Navy pilot and always said he was crazy for jumping out of a perfectly good plane. :D

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    No problem with starting a new thread. It is a good subject. They will never acknowledge it.

My specs called for interchangable mag wells, but when it came out as a break down I was happy. I also suggested they make it in 9mm, .45 ACP and .40 S&W.

I am just glad they made it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    No problem with starting a new thread. It is a good subject. They will never acknowledge it.

My specs called for interchangable mag wells, but when it came out as a break down I was happy. I also suggested they make it in 9mm, .45 ACP and .40 S&W.

I am just glad they made it.

Do want 45 ACP model.

:)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That was all sent in before I finally got a hold of a Marlin Camp 45.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I wish I had bought one a few months ago when they were readily available locally for $499.

That is what mine was priced for when I ordered it from RK Guns Saturday morning. They now have $539 on them. My order is still showing as "processing". I'll feel a lot better when it ships and much better when I have it in hand.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I picked mine up used and it had a flash hidder on it, don't know if it adds much to the function. I added a 42 mm Tasco red dot and it works great for shooting a steel plate racks at 50 yards. This PCC was a logical choice for me as I have a Ruger SR9 & a SR9C so mags are interchangable through all 3 guns. As noted above it is heavy, If you have shot a Ruger mini 14 it is about the same. Mine has never malfunctioned and it does well with nato loads. I am not a bulls eye shooter just want to hit torso size items if needed. Good luck and enjoy it, also Ruger CS is one of the best.

Top Bottom