• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • camodiesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Eskan
    Looking for an Arisaka type 99 rear sight anti-aircraft arm spring, when I bought this rifle the rear sight anti-aircraft arm was bent and the spring broken. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    Looking for an Arisaka type 99 rear sight anti-aircraft arm spring, when I bought this rifle the rear sight anti-aircraft arm was bent and the spring broken. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    I found a website that shows they have the part you need for $3.00. Here is the link: www.japanesemilitaryfirearmsparts.com As you know parts for these rifles are getting very hard to find.

camodiesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Eskan
    Wow I never thought of typing in Japanese military firearms parts in the search engine, thanks for heads up on this web site. Unfortunately I didn't see the flat anti aircraft spring I was looking for but I will register with the site and keep checking in. I also have my grandfathers bring back type 30 I would like to restore and they had a few parts for it. Parts do seem harder to obtain then I thought they would be but that will just make the treasure hunt even better when I find it. Thanks again!

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    Another good website for Japanese parts is, Liberty Tree Collectors. I think they even carry a complete sight with aircraft wings. If it is just a flat spring you need you may be able to make one. Some homemade flat springs can be made from wind-up toys, or the wind up springs from an old alarm clock. Liberty Tree Collectors is a good site to order from, They send their orders out fast and are good people to deal with.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    McMaster Carr has blued spring steel stock. Get the appropriate thickness and slice off a strip and form it to the desired shape.

camodiesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Eskan
    I agree Liberty Tree Collectors is a good web site, I especially like the name, but unfortunately they did not have the part I need either. I will make regular rounds and keep google busy looking, thanks for the info!

camodiesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Eskan
    I have not heard of this web site before, I will check it out and give it some thought. The flat spring slides in from the bottom of the rear site elevator and has a small "L" shape on the and and acts as a detent to hold the anti aircraft arm either up or down and keeps it from flopping. Thank you for the good idea!

Top Bottom