• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbnewsom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    St. John
    Hello firearm experts of INGO. I’m hoping that you can help me. My wife’s uncle recently passed and his wife is asking me what the value of his three guns are. He has an offer right now for $1200 for all three. I’m curious if she should take this deal or if she will have better luck selling somewhere else.

first gun - Winchester model 190 (22LR). Looks to be in good shape with a cheap scope

second gun - Remington Sportsmen 12 pump magnum. This includes the slug rifled barrel as well as the smooth bore. Nice Nikon scope as well

third gun - Springfield Armory model 1899. Serial number 287374.

I have no idea when it comes to the value of these. Thanks in advance for all your help! I don’t want to see her get screwed out of money.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    They are all three nice. However...I have to be a bit of a "Donny Downer" now. The Springfield/Kreig Jorgenson is a old military rifle(circa 1898) that has been sporterized. This greatly detracts from its value. Still a good hunting rifle though. I would put that one at about $300.00-$400.00. The Winchester looks nice and un-altered. That one $200.00 perhaps $250.00. The Remington which in my opinion is probably the most valuable at $500-$600 In my experience $1300.00 for all three would be fair. This is just my opinion and other more expert than I may differ?

Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    If she wants to unload them quick, take the $1200. Piecing them out wouldn't get you much if any more. $1300 would be a good counter offer like Winimac stated. The Remington is the cream of the crop, 190 Winchester was an ok rifle, the Springfield is a toss up.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    If she wants to unload them quick, take the $1200. Piecing them out wouldn't get you much if any more. $1300 would be a good counter offer like Winimac stated. The Remington is the cream of the crop, 190 Winchester was an ok rifle, the Springfield is a toss up.

Totally agree. Only one quibble - isn't that a Winchester 290? I believe the 190 has a plain stock/handgaurd and the 290 has engraving (like the one pictured).

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I would take the $1200, sometimes trying to squeeze another $100 out of someone can kill a deal completely.
    Then it could take months to get them sold.
    Just my .02 FWIW.

Top Bottom