• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    I parted with one about a year ago and regret it. I had an 18.5" improved cylinder smoothbore Remington barrel I got rid of with it. I wish I hadn't done that and would like to replace it and the barrel. Is there plans to continue this product line. I know things are scarce right now. I "thought' buckshot and slugs were better in a IC barrel. I wasn't into the open cylinder ones.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I think a lot of used shotguns will come up for sale before long. Tons were sold to 1st time buyers during the initial pandemic & riots. People losing jobs, or other emergencies will bring a bunch of those back to the market when people need money. Bunch of folks going to need xmas money this year. The election will decide a few things but I don't think 870's will dry up totally.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I parted with one about a year ago and regret it. I had an 18.5" improved cylinder smoothbore Remington barrel I got rid of with it. I wish I hadn't done that and would like to replace it and the barrel. Is there plans to continue this product line. I know things are scarce right now. I "thought' buckshot and slugs were better in a IC barrel. I wasn't into the open cylinder ones.

Lesson: Don't sell guns.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Roundhill Group, LLC was the successful bidder with respect to Non-Marlin firearms business. One would assume they bought the Remington branded firearms division to continue production.

Normally their is a good selection of 870's at gun shows.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    Oh, it was a lesson learned, a crap one. I really miss that one. It wasn't an expensive one, but damn, I miss it. I'm glad someone picked the line up. I'm looking and will continue to, but I'm not buying bloated prices. I feel Trump will win, by no means does that mean we shouldn't be chugging along full-throttle, but once the election is over and the panic buyers look for Christmas present money I'll be on it. I have friends and family that are first time buyers and no one would listen in Jan/Feb.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Roundhill Group, LLC was the successful bidder with respect to Non-Marlin firearms business. One would assume they bought the Remington branded firearms division to continue production.

Normally their is a good selection of 870's at gun shows.

From what I understand the new buyers have every intention of continuing the manufacture of Remington products.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    There is still value in the 870, 1100 and 700 bolt action rifles. If I were the new owners I would streamline the portfolio and concentrate on QC building on those brands. Hopefully this is a new beginning for Remy

traderjoe

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 3, 2020
    South Bend area
    The panic cycle most likely will mirror the last time around. Panic buying at ridiculous prices and then when Armageddon doesn't occur slowly declining prices to near norms

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    The panic cycle most likely will mirror the last time around. Panic buying at ridiculous prices and then when Armageddon doesn't occur slowly declining prices to near norms

This is what I'm waiting/hoping for. I'd like a trap shotgun too, but maybe I'll just wait for a 30" express trap and build around that. I remember years past shortages, but this seems unprecedented.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I have one (870) that I traded for from a member on here, funny I was never a shotgun guy, but after getting one...I want another... all the other shotguns I had were variants of Mossberg 500s....not impressed... but the 870...uh yeah!

Last edited:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Big green has been a rewarding and strong enabler of many good sportsmen/civil and professional use people in the USA. I hope the core plant in New York can continue. I have walked the hallowed grounds, broke bread with Some of the employees, have had guns hand built for me, and use to visit just because it is such a great brick and mortar history. Much like the Springfield Armory in Mass. For me, global capital corporations that infect our American Companies is a shame. I don’t give a Rats ask about Foriegn companies that feed you the kool aid that ....but they are made here.....or they build plants here..Follow the money... our money ends up supporting foreign interest and leaves our industry with burn out buildings replaced with low paying warehouse jobs. Americans have no need to learn a trade. It is easier to give up and justify buying from foreign interest. Round hill may be a London company, I am not sure. But IMHO this style of erosion has been the hand basket that is carrying America on the road to hell.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Big green has been a rewarding and strong enabler of many good sportsmen/civil and professional use people in the USA. I hope the core plant in New York can continue. I have walked the hallowed grounds, broke bread with Some of the employees, have had guns hand built for me, and use to visit just because it is such a great brick and mortar history. Much like the Springfield Armory in Mass. For me, global capital corporations that infect our American Companies is a shame. I don’t give a Rats ask about Foriegn companies that feed you the kool aid that ....but they are made here.....or they build plants here..Follow the money... our money ends up supporting foreign interest and leaves our industry with burn out buildings replaced with low paying warehouse jobs. Americans have no need to learn a trade. It is easier to give up and justify buying from foreign interest. Round hill may be a London company, I am not sure. But IMHO this style of erosion has been the hand basket that is carrying America on the road to hell.

Had a long detailed post all written but deleted it. Decided instead to just say that instead of blaming foreign interests for the problems in U.S. industry, maybe you should do some research and blame those actually responsible. Believe me, it ain't foreigners to blame. Take a look at just who ran Cerberus and Freedom Group, you know, the people who killed Remington,Marlin, DPMS, along with a few other companies that we've been discussing so much about here and I'm sure you'll find that not only are they primarily Americans but also were legally allowed to gut those companies by U.S. law. Has happened many times in the past, and will happen many times in the future I'm sure.
    Those weren't foreign companies sending our jobs to Mexico and China that have resulted in burned out factories and low paying warehouse jobs, those were U.S. companies. Again, taking advantage of the laws to their benefit and our detriment. Its the foreign companies that are keeping manufacturing alive in this country because they are looking at long term success, not short term profits. Those foreign companies have also forced surviving U.S. companies to innovate and improve, or else get left behind. Those companies that live in the present and look to the future are doing well, those that live in the past are either gone or dying.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Had a long detailed post all written but deleted it. Decided instead to just say that instead of blaming foreign interests for the problems in U.S. industry, maybe you should do some research and blame those actually responsible. Believe me, it ain't foreigners to blame. Take a look at just who ran Cerberus and Freedom Group, you know, the people who killed Remington,Marlin, DPMS, along with a few other companies that we've been discussing so much about here and I'm sure you'll find that not only are they primarily Americans but also were legally allowed to gut those companies by U.S. law. Has happened many times in the past, and will happen many times in the future I'm sure.
    Those weren't foreign companies sending our jobs to Mexico and China that have resulted in burned out factories and low paying warehouse jobs, those were U.S. companies. Again, taking advantage of the laws to their benefit and our detriment. Its the foreign companies that are keeping manufacturing alive in this country because they are looking at long term success, not short term profits. Those foreign companies have also forced surviving U.S. companies to innovate and improve, or else get left behind. Those companies that live in the present and look to the future are doing well, those that live in the past are either gone or dying.

We agree as to not Blame the foreigners as they only play to a market that many enable.

Top Bottom