• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WarAdmiral

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2020
    Crawfordsville
    I am considering purchasing a Just Right Carbine 40 cal. Have seen many good reviews online for them and just wanted to get any first hand experiences with them. I have searched the sight and some of the info is a few years old. Please let me know any info you owners could pass along to me.

Thanks!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    JRCs are a pain in the ass to clean. Been there, done that. They don't come apart as easily as an actual AR. Look at the Ruger PCC in .40

Btw, welcome. ;)

WarAdmiral

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2020
    Crawfordsville
    I have seen that and in all honesty I do not mind the extra take down to clean so it hasn't been a con for me. I was concerned about magazines and if they have to be OEM Glock or is there a good aftermarket choice that is reliable?

I did also have the Ruger PCC on my list, but in these crazy times I can not find one anywhere, not reasonable anyway.

And thanks, glad to be here.

Last edited:

WarAdmiral

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2020
    Crawfordsville
    Because I can find 30 round mags from aftermarket companies. Most Glock I have found are 22 round. Also, some online reviews mentioned that aftermarkets were an issue, so wanted clarification on that as well.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    JRCs are a pain in the ass to clean. Been there, done that. They don't come apart as easily as an actual AR. Look at the Ruger PCC in .40

Btw, welcome. ;)

I have the 9mm JRC, I do not find it a PIA to clean, it's configurable, easy to shoot, love it as a plinker out to 75-100 yards and as a home defense PCC.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I haven't owned a JRC, but I have owned 3 other PCCs that take Glock mags. My experience is that if the gun will be used for serious purposes, Glock mags are the only way to go. For a range toy, feel free to use whatever, but you likely will not get Glock reliability out of a non-Glock mag. ETS mags are junk in 9mm (don't know about 40). Other than that, I will only use Pmags in my Glocks, but only for range use. Even as well-regarded as Pmags are, mine are hit and miss. Especially with steel case ammo, which I don't use anymore. Never a problem out of factory Glock mags, regardless of type of ammo.

I have several 33 round mags for my Glock compatible carbine and PDW, but I honestly prefer the 24 round Glock mags. (Same size as the 22 round 40 cal mags) They are easier to carry in multiples and less unwieldy in the gun. Not sure what I could get done with a 30 round aftermarket mag with hit-and-miss reliability that I can't get done with 22 rounds in a rock solid Glock mag.

I actually will not buy a Glock compatible 45 ACP carbine/PDW because of the lack of higher capacity factory Glock mags in 45. Any of my guns may be called upon for defense, so a firearm that calls for Glock mags gets Glock mags. If 22+1 of 40 S&W ain't enough, maybe you should reconsider caliber or platform.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    What mags do you normally use? Any that have given you issues?

I have the original 10 round G17 mag that came with it, and 5 Glock 33 rounders I bought at the 1500 a long time ago. I originally bought one aftermarket 33 rounder, it was a P.O.S., wouldn't even hold 33 rounds.

When I get back on better financial ground, I think I'm going to buy the .40 conversion kit for it with a threaded barrel and buy my first can.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I've had one in .45ACP for about a year now. I haven't put a lot through it yet, 200-300 rounds maybe, but it has been 100% with factory mags and near 100% with KCI hi-caps. The usual failure with the Korean mags is failure to fed the last round. With a cheap red dot on it, it is a blast to ring plates out to 75 yards or so.

WarAdmiral

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2020
    Crawfordsville
    So. I finally got the JR. Had a bit of an issue with the FFL transfer taking longer than expected. Have to say the rifle works very well and can see the difference between magazines. ProMag is a flawless mag in operation. SGM had on feed issue in 30 rounds. ETS...POS constant feed issues and the blow was scrapping the plastic off the top of the magazine. The rifle shipped with 2 Korean made mags which were also POS's and the worst of them all. Did not have any OEM Glock mags to test.

Intend to get a few OEM Glock mags and will use ProMags in the future also. I am pleased with the rifle, was a blast to shoot after I sighted in some aftermarket iron sights. Will be zeroing a reflex sight tomorrow.

Thanks for all the feedback thus far.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    So. I finally got the JR. Had a bit of an issue with the FFL transfer taking longer than expected. Have to say the rifle works very well and can see the difference between magazines. ProMag is a flawless mag in operation. SGM had on feed issue in 30 rounds. ETS...POS constant feed issues and the blow was scrapping the plastic off the top of the magazine. The rifle shipped with 2 Korean made mags which were also POS's and the worst of them all. Did not have any OEM Glock mags to test.

Intend to get a few OEM Glock mags and will use ProMags in the future also. I am pleased with the rifle, was a blast to shoot after I sighted in some aftermarket iron sights. Will be zeroing a reflex sight tomorrow.

Thanks for all the feedback thus far.

:yesway:

WarAdmiral

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2020
    Crawfordsville
    Took out the JRC today to get the Reflex sighted in. 2 mags of the Promag were flawless. 2 mags of SGM, first go round had 1 failure to feed and my son shot another(at a much faster rate than mine) and had 2 failure to feeds. Over all gun is functioning great. Lots of fun to shoot!

Top Bottom