• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    With everything else happening in the world, there are new guns coming out. I heard about this a couple of weeks ago. They are starting at the top of the line, expensive ones and will release less expensive models as time goes by.

MSRP starts at $1699.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/model-2020-series-rifles/model-2020-waypoint-rifles/

model2020-waypoint-alt-feature-1600x1200-2-1024x768.png

[video=youtube_share;uGNQ2YNTo44]http://youtu.be/uGNQ2YNTo44[/video]

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    With everything else happening in the world, there are new guns coming out. I heard about this a couple of weeks ago. They are starting at the top of the line, expensive ones and will release less expensive models as time goes by.

MSRP starts at $1699.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/model-2020-series-rifles/model-2020-waypoint-rifles/

model2020-waypoint-alt-feature-1600x1200-2-1024x768.png

[video=youtube_share;uGNQ2YNTo44]http://youtu.be/uGNQ2YNTo44[/video]
    I've had 2 Springfield armory rifles and both were horribly in accurate... im saying like 5 moa at 100 meters.. and they were expensive. After going through their support.. long story short I was sent back rifles that were only marginally better.. I sold both for half what I paid just to get rid of them.. maybe I was unlucky and had 2 pieces of crap but 2 pieces of crap was enough to stop me from trying another one... at least without shooting it 1st

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've had 2 Springfield armory rifles and both were horribly in accurate... im saying like 5 moa at 100 meters.. and they were expensive. After going through their support.. long story short I was sent back rifles that were only marginally better.. I sold both for half what I paid just to get rid of them.. maybe I was unlucky and had 2 pieces of crap but 2 pieces of crap was enough to stop me from trying another one... at least without shooting it 1st

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

If that was the M1A, yeah they had issues with it. There are a good number of videos of that thing printing like buckshot.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It's such a crowded market with so many great options in that price bracket I just don't see a need or demand for these.

Need or demand doesn't matter. That's why we have a huge selection of everything else. Sports cars, trucks, phones etc.

S.A. fans will like them.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I definitely heard about issues with the M1A and some of their first Saint rifles, but for what it's worth, I have an XD-M handgun and a Saint AR pistol that make me look like a much better shooter than I am.

These new rifles look great, but I will definitely wait for the less expensive models to be released!

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Interestingly enough regarding the M1A accuracy concerns, when I went to the SA website to take a closer look at these rifles, I noticed that SA is guaranteeing .75 MOA accuracy on these new rifles. Seems like that might help with the accuracy concerns!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    That rifle with that stock is fugly. What happened to blued steel and a perfectly bedded beautiful walnut stock? If God wanted there to be guns with plastic stocks he would have made plastic trees. Sorry, just my two cents. Peace and Out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After getting jacked around repeatedly by what was once great customer service and is now a mere shadow of what was......No more new springers. None. If I buy it will be used and tested. Screw Springer. 2wice.

bcd007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    It seems to me that a lot of gun manufacturers are coming out with their version of a "Precision Rifle", or at the very least an Improved Accuracy rifle. Even Daniel Defense has their Delta 5 rifle, and this from a company that made its name in the high-end AR space. Ruger has a lineup of precision rifles (of which I own one of the .308 models), and even Remington tried to make a precision rifle (before the walls came crumbling down). I believe these types of rifles are just the "next step" from gun companies trying to get into a new market. Everyone makes ARs these day, and almost everyone makes a black polymer pistol, so why not get in on the precision bandwagon? They are opening that market up to a lot more people now that a base rifle doesn't cost $4000.00. More power to them, and we'll figure out who makes the good ones, and who doesn't...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That rifle with that stock is fugly. What happened to blued steel and a perfectly bedded beautiful walnut stock? If God wanted there to be guns with plastic stocks he would have made plastic trees. Sorry, just my two cents. Peace and Out.

Precision rifle companies, even COTS, abandoned them when they realized that that walnuts stocks were less than optimal for precision, but very useful for shifting zeros.

You can still buy them, but they are hunting rifles now for minute of deer.

Top Bottom