• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    When I saw the new folding stock being offered from Samson at the Shot Show I wanted to try one out. I was patient and waited to find a reasonable newer manufacture Mini in stainless with the heavier barrel. It took awhile but I found a barely used one thanks to a referral from someone who saw my WTB post. I think I got my stock sometime back in May so I didn't have to wait too long for it. I installed it but it still didn't quite look complete so I decided to add the GB style front sight/bayonet lug assembly and a Ruger flash suppressor. I sent it to a place called JP Grips & Machine out of MN. I also sent my M7 bayonet along to get the correct spacing. He turned it around quickly and even bead blasted the barrel to match the suppressor for me and the work was great. Just need to get it sighted in now if I can get a break in the weather.

gfWm7wx.jpg

vQ9QGVp.jpg

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    freaking sweet. Love the bayonet.
    I have a mini 30 all weather; I bought as a less scary (not "assault rifle") alternative that wouldn't be so high on the gun ban radar. I've strongly considered a folding stock.
    FYI I also have 3 AR pattern rifles now.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Nice gun. I have always liked the Mini-14 and variants. I wish they were not so darn expensive.

I don't know what happened to the pricing the last couple of years, it used to be you'd settle for a Mini if you couldn't get a nice AR, now retail on them is almost a grand. I've always had a soft spot for Mini's, that was my first semi-auto centerfire rifle while in high school.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Very cool! I had the original folder on y 13” AC556. I was nervous about messing it up, because of the value so I fit an ATI folder to it and shot it in that 95% of the time. The new ones look very good. Hope you have a chance to take it out and play soon.

Top Bottom