• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Gun prices aren't nuts right now. AMMO prices are nuts, but they are only going north. 5.56 ammo was 60 cents a round last week, it's 70 cents a round now on Ammoseek. Might be able to find some a little cheaper elsewhere, but I wouldn't dilly-dally if you want ammo to feed that new AR.

One thing I've found to be surprising is that guns and magazines are still relatively reasonable and available, at least locally here in Indy.

As for the rifle itself, Adams Arms seems to be fairly good stuff, you probably didn't do bad for an Adams AR for under $700.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Never heard of Adams Arms, but for $650 I'd say you probably did OK.

They've been around since 2007, started as mostly piston uppers for ARs and then started selling complete rifles. I had one of their AA15 piston guns and liked it, but eventually sold it to standardize my ARs as standard direct impingement, leaving my AKs as my piston option.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    You didn't have an AR and now you have an AR and at least some ammo. You did good. If I find you fighting alongside me I'll toss you a couple of loaded mags when you need them.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    You did just fine. I bought my 1st AR November before Obama was sworn in. Boy did I over pay. Slow but sure grab some more mags and ammo as you can afford. They are so fun and easy to shoot. Enjoy, you always remember your 1st. :):

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Decent price. If anything you made a caliber mistake. 5.56/.223 is very hard to find for less than double what it should be.
    I probably would have gone for 7.62x39.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Not a bad deal but you need ammo and sights for it to be useful.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Decent price. If anything you made a caliber mistake. 5.56/.223 is very hard to find for less than double what it should be.
    I probably would have gone for 7.62x39.
    I totally disagree with the the caliber statement. 5.56 is a lot better cartridge for the AR15. SHTF time, probably be able to pick out it up off the ground.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I totally disagree with the the caliber statement. 5.56 is a lot better cartridge for the AR15. SHTF time, probably be able to pick out it up off the ground.

Yeah but S hasn't hit the F, and there is no 5.56 to be found at a reasonable price right (if at all) and probably not for another year. I guess the guy will have to wait for the civil war, and his neighbor to go so he can raid the ammo stash to get any practice?
    In the unlikely scenario where people are dead on the street and you can go over and pick up their ammo off the ground, we're all probably gonna be dead.
    Also I think there are more practical caliber choices in today's word for the ar than 5.56. 7.62 and 6.5 grendel both offer deer hunting capability in the state, 5.56 doesn't. I'd suggest also that in close ranges, sub 200 yards, 7.62 would out perform 5.56 against human targets. Granted I've never been one to stick with tradition.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom