• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asipes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Central Indiana
    I have 4 boys. I'd love to gift each one of them a 10/22 at a certain birthday. I want the guns to last as long as possible, and figure a stainless barrel is best. I like the wood stocks better than the synthetics. Anyone know where a guy could buy (x4) Ruger 10/22 Stainless w/ wood stock?

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    This may be a tall order for the foreseeable future. Looks like the current stainless 10/22's with wood stocks are distributor specials from Ruger (looking at the Carbine and Sporter versions).

It may be easiest to find some used stainless models in your local pawn shop and then go hunting for wood stocks if they're not already equipped with wood stocks.

It's very hard to totally destroy a 10/22 so even the most beat up used version can be brought back to life with aftermarket parts if the receiver is intact.

That's another route you may pursue ... build your own from just a receiver.

Unless the rifles need to be exactly the same, the pawn shop/refurbish or build your own options allow you to customize the rifle to each boy. They might even be useful to help decide what sort of parts they want on the rifle. Heck, they can even help build/rebuild the rifle and get a working knowledge of the rifle.

Best of success acquiring rifles for your boys.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Check with Michelle at Beech Grove Firearms. She can probably get you four with consecutive serial numbers.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Premier Arms in Brownsburg seems to have a few distributor specials with special wood stocks, but I don't know if they are stainless.
    I'd check online retailers first and look to do an FFL transfer.

Top Bottom