• ...and so much more!
  • Timex2132

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I'm looking to buy an AR15, but my budget is only around $400... What are my best options! Help me out!

I know it wont have a scope or any fancy bells and whistles. I just want to make sure its a reliable, good quality rifle.

Thanks for all your opinions!

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Not an AR guy myself but I hope the INGO crowd can give you a good idea of what you are looking for in "normal" price times. And Welcome to INGO.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    When you joined INGO 23 months ago? That would've been possible. Timing is everything, BTW welcome to INGO :ingo:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Uh........I paid that for the BCG in my last build because my go to parts were out of stock.

I hate to be rude but you are basically screwed. Worst possible time to get into this.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I'll join in, probably not going to get in the game for $400 these days and times. Short of a miracle, probably won't see those kind of prices again.:twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm looking to buy an AR15, but my budget is only around $400... What are my best options! Help me out!

I know it wont have a scope or any fancy bells and whistles. I just want to make sure its a reliable, good quality rifle.

Thanks for all your opinions!

A good "Quality" rifle in times of plenty will put you north of $800 as I see quality.
    Anything in the range of your budget is not a rifle I would want. I know a lot of folks have $500 AR's and swear by them. I have been there but dropped that level of involvement pretty fast. For my own reasons.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Even an M&P Sport II will fetch $700 in today's market if you're lucky. A stripped lower alone in today's market is around $100. If $400 is your cash in hand, I'd recommend finding a place that does lay-a-way and find a way to make some extra side money toward it.

If someone said they'd take $400 right now for an AR, they are not up to date with current events or there is something wrong with the firearm...and odds are, it's the later.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    And then you have to feed it...which, by the question asked, I'm guessing you'll need ammo...in today's market. So, tack on another $100-$200

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've been hoping for more parts to come into our classifieds.

I have a long term build waiting for some seasoned components. Maybe the holidays will bring some deals?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I've been hoping for more parts to come into our classifieds.

I have a long term build waiting for some seasoned components. Maybe the holidays will bring some deals?

There have been some good deals on mags. Keep stacking

Top Bottom