• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    They sent out an email today. All tube loading models except the .22s have been discontinued and updated to have side loading gates. They're also rolling out a case hardened finish for some models.

Jericho941Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2019
    Boone County
    Wow, that’s awesome. I’ll be buying one someday, but hard to do that right now when it’s likely that semi autos will be the ones cracked down on in coming months.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    They sent out an email today. All tube loading models except the .22s have been discontinued and updated to have side loading gates. They're also rolling out a case hardened finish for some models.

Looks like they may have missed the 327 fed.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Just what I needed, another reason to buy more levers. I do love having the side gate on my Big Boy X and was hoping it would be added to more models.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Wonder if this will make the non gated worth more in the future...
    I was considering selling my BB Steel in 357. Guess I will hang on to it for awhile and see.

Jericho941Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2019
    Boone County
    I'm game to yeet home invaders with a 45LC.

Reminds me of this copypasta:

Own a musket for home defense, since that's what the founding fathers intended. Four ruffians break into my house. "What the devil?" As I grab my powdered wig and Kentucky rifle. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first man, he's dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second man, miss him entirely because it's smoothbore and nails the neighbors dog. I have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of the stairs loaded with grape shot, "Tally ho lads" the grape shot shreds two men in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off car alarms. Fix bayonet and charge the last terrified rapscallion.He Bleeds out waiting on the police to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up, Just as the founding fathers intended

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Interesting. I actually like the tube loader. My Marlin .45-70 tears my thumb up when I load that last round through the side gate. Hopefully, Henry will make that a smoother proposition.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    When/if semi autos become banned. I think I'll buy one of those silly tactical lever guns and kit it up like an ar

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    Reminds me of this copypasta:

Own a musket for home defense, since that's what the founding fathers intended. Four ruffians break into my house. "What the devil?" As I grab my powdered wig and Kentucky rifle. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first man, he's dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second man, miss him entirely because it's smoothbore and nails the neighbors dog. I have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of the stairs loaded with grape shot, "Tally ho lads" the grape shot shreds two men in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off car alarms. Fix bayonet and charge the last terrified rapscallion.He Bleeds out waiting on the police to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up, Just as the founding fathers intended

giphy.gif

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    "Levergat" now that's a word mosh I never expected to read. Gangsters with lever guns...unlikely in this century.

But, yeah, home defense with .45 Colt...let the rapscallions have it!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Interesting. I actually like the tube loader. My Marlin .45-70 tears my thumb up when I load that last round through the side gate. Hopefully, Henry will make that a smoother proposition.

The new loading gate rifles also retain the traditional Henry loading system. You can pull the tube out the same way and the same cutout is in the bottom to drop rounds in. Same parts, they've just added a loading gate to the reciever.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    The new loading gate rifles also retain the traditional Henry loading system. You can pull the tube out the same way and the same cutout is in the bottom to drop rounds in. Same parts, they've just added a loading gate to the reciever.
    That's what I liked about them when the NRA did a review of the rifle, being able to unload without working the lever, that's what i dislike about my 336...the only thing....

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I've had a few Henry's and never cared for the tube feeder.
    Had they done this earlier, I would have gotten one in 45-70 and not the crap Marlin I now have.

Top Bottom