• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goneshooting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Had an original HK93 a long time ago and still have a bunch of mags, cant afford an original anymore , does anyone make a nice clone?

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    The EARLY Century clones (with the serial number on top of the receiver were great). The later Century clones (with the serial number on the mag well) can be good or bad, as the quality control was iffy.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    How about the PTR/Century clones? Those were solid sticks.

I have one of the Bud's PTR C93 guns - it's been quite nice and I'm happy with the quality. A few minor hiccups out of the gate but nothing serious, and solid since then. I'd recommend one of these for a somewhat affordable blaster that scratches your roller lock itch. Only thing that stinks is HK mag pricing, but they're light years better than ProMags.

ZobRehCh.jpg

100Xkid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    kokomo area
    I have had great luck with my PTR 308 and I just picked up a rifle length 9mm both have never given me any problems. I would have the 223 if I could afford the mags. I been around a few of the 308 and no one I have seen had any problems. Good luck

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Clones are a crapshoot.

PTR just did some finish assembly on the Buds guns and they do not have a full PTR warranty. There are some reports of their guns that have mag fit issues.

Parabellum Combat is working on a 5.56 receiver but it's been in the works for a while.

Probably not a good time to be buying any gun. But if you have a bunch of expensive mags you can:
    1. Sell the mags and make some loot
    2. Buy a real HK
    3. Buy a clone and roll the dice.

Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    I have a Vector V-93 from 2012 and it works just fine. Yes the 40 and 30 round mags are in the Arm and Leg price range and I have learned to use my Dremmel-Fu on Pro-Mag magazines to get them to lock up. Every time I meet a PTR rep I strongly suggest that a PTR-93 rifle will sell well. I get the " We are looking into to it " twice.
    These guys make a Cetme L 5.56 roller locked rifle https://marcolmarfirearms.com/ , while not a HK-93 it does get you in the game. Also a little out of the box the PTR-32 in 7.62 x 39 is a good rifle, cheap ammo ( normal times ), uses some AK Mags and is low recoil like the 5.56 round.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    ... the PTR-32 in 7.62 x 39 is a good rifle, cheap ammo ( normal times ), uses some AK Mags and is low recoil like the 5.56 round.

Not to derail the thread, but I have a buddy with a second gen PTR-32 (the version that was supposed to work out the first gen's awful mag fitment reputation) and it has been a disaster for him. He's been in touch with PTR but has this Gen 2 model also has major mag problems and other issues. As a big fan of 7.62x39 this was on my "must buy" short list but I have zero interest in one now. YMMV.

Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    Not to derail the thread, but I have a buddy with a second gen PTR-32 (the version that was supposed to work out the first gen's awful mag fitment reputation) and it has been a disaster for him. He's been in touch with PTR but has this Gen 2 model also has major mag problems and other issues. As a big fan of 7.62x39 this was on my "must buy" short list but I have zero interest in one now. YMMV.
    Mine is a Gen 1.5 offered during a NRA Convention, they only made 50. I don't own an AK so their was zero stock of various magazines from VC surplus to made by non government contracts and there is a wide sizing (non)standard with the metal Mags. I found Tapco, Circle 10 and Plam worked well in the rifle. I have had zero problems with mine, bolt gap hasn't moved from new and is 7-8 years old. An AK it isn't but I can put aimed rounds out 200-250 Meters well. I added this to my post to give the OP another choice for an in stock/in production roller locked rifle. Be glad your friend didn't buy a CIA monkey made C-93 with a ground bolt to get a bolt gap to fire.
    Jump62
    aka Paul

Last edited:

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    These guys make a Cetme L 5.56 roller locked rifle https://marcolmarfirearms.com/ , while not a HK-93 it does get you in the game. Also a little out of the box the PTR-32 in 7.62 x 39 is a good rifle, cheap ammo ( normal times ), uses some AK Mags and is low recoil like the 5.56 round.

This is one of those bucket list guns for me as I've read several reviews but I'd like to see one in the flesh before pulling the trigger on one.

Top Bottom