• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Don't know if you all seen this one yet but here goes...

:patriot: Keep sending lead their way boys!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaT5S3tk-Tw&NR=1[/ame]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What applications are those Barrett .50s used for. I'm not up on sniper stuff.

I can't say for sure, but I did listen to an interview with a Barnes Bullets rep that claim they have developed loads with their bullets that shoot 1/2 MOA at 1500 yards.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I can't say for sure, but I did listen to an interview with a Barnes Bullets rep that claim they have developed loads with their bullets that shoot 1/2 MOA at 1500 yards.

.50s CAN be accurate, but most of the Barretts in the field are still shooting left over WWII de-linked machine gun ammo. Not the most accurate stuff in the world. Furthermore the M82 isn't accurate enough to be called a "sniper rifle" by the Marine's standards, thus it is called an "anti-material rifle".

I read all this in a Barrett magazine I have , so if they are saying that in their own propaganda, I have no reason to doubt it.

The Barrett is good for minute-of-truck accuracy. ;)

jdlotto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Well not every one shoots the WWII surplus crapp.. It's to erratic and not consitant enough. I just came back from a shoot at Fort Bragg New York.The 82A1 is great at transitioning from different distances we shot the tank range and its accuracy is good as what you feed it. 12 inch groups are very capable..

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Couple of good reads

The June issue of Guns & Ammo had a good article on the M82A1. (How about a group buy on those!?!? Maybe we could get them down to $7K)

Another good read on snipers is a book titled "SHOOTER" published by St. Martin's Press. It's an autobiography by Gunnery Sgt. Jack Coughlin, USMC. Coughlin doesn't have Hathcock's numbers but he did have use of what he calls an M82A1A in Iraq. At one point he remarks special ammo made for his gun will shoot "at a thousand yards, within a circle ten inches in diameter. The average human head is about twelve inches in diameter". :patriot:

Top Bottom