• ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Not in the manner which my LTCH allows me to carry my handgun. :):

One in the pipe or mag will get me some face time with a judge. Also has to be in a case or secure wrapper.

Yeah...I'd like to know what IC says that, because I'm 99.99% sure you can carry locked and loaded in a long gun because it is not addressed in ANY IC. No secure wrappings regs or emty chamber/no mag laws on the books.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Yeah...I'd like to know what IC says that, because I'm 99.99% sure you can carry locked and loaded in a long gun because it is not addressed in ANY IC. No secure wrappings regs or emty chamber/no mag laws on the books.

Well, with all due respect, the fact that you haven't found this in the criminal code doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I'm pretty damn sure that carrying an uncased loaded shotgun in the passenger seat of my Japanese sissy car is illegal.

I'm also pretty damn sure that slinging an uncased loaded shotgun over my shoulder and walking down the street will get me tazed, sprayed and stuffed in a Crown Vic.

I've been wrong once before. :thumbsup:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington

Amen. Not to be unnecessarily rude to anyone, but without a reference, any internet statement about laws or city codes or the bans on left-handed widget removers is untrustworthy.

People accidentally pass along incorrect information because they got it from a source they think is reliable (I am guilty too). No code reference= no law. Unless its from Kirk. :):

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Well, with all due respect, the fact that you haven't found this in the criminal code doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I'm pretty damn sure that carrying an uncased loaded shotgun in the passenger seat of my Japanese sissy car is illegal.

I'm also pretty damn sure that slinging an uncased loaded shotgun over my shoulder and walking down the street will get me tazed, sprayed and stuffed in a Crown Vic.

I've been wrong once before. :thumbsup:

You can carry locked and loaded in a vehicle in any manner you wish (unless its hanging out the window :)) and you are legal. Members here have done it, and this has been in a thread before.

As to OCing long-guns, I am not saying you won't be charged with DTP or Disorderly conduct, but the simple action of carrying the weapon in the open is legal, and members here (i forget who) have open carried rifles in the state (Bloomington actually). Also, there have been news stories in other states where people (not of age for a CCW) OCed long-guns. Police were called, then left because no laws were being broken.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington

Thats the truth. It used to be cops carried guns, so they actually had to think about whether or not they could shoot someone. Now its seems like every day there is a story about somebody getting tazed.

Respectfully, Steel, the question is not about whether it's prudent, but about whether it's illegal. If you think its a bad idea, then don't do it, but that doesn't mean it's illegal to do so.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yeah we are planning a pizza party

Sorry to the thread we took over. It just occurred to me that we busted up somebody's party. My bad.

Last edited:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Not a lawyer, but I asked a LE official this question and was told that you could. Don't need a LTCH either. I'm not sure I added the word "loaded" when I asked, though.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I understand that you are skeptical because I am not a legal expert, but I can't provide you proof except to say that there is no IC, therefore it is legal. I've read EVERY IC that pertains to firearms multiple times, and it simply is not illegal to do so. Read up if you want, I'll try to find the NRA thing that says it.

Nate

ETA: Loaded has nothing to do with it in this instance, there is no law, stipulating either, so both are legal.

Top Bottom