• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Interestingly enough they are single stacked as Shooter said(10+1), I don't think they can be modified due to the design of the receiver and i dont think they sell "special magazines".. And I'm really not sure they would be widely available either due to the reason they are specific.

ALSO The barrels are not chrome lined but I'm not sure if that matters to you or not. However, I would like to know where your finding them so cheap? Cheapest I've seen has been 390ish.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Interestingly enough they are single stacked as Shooter said(10+1), I don't think they can be modified due to the design of the receiver and i dont think they sell "special magazines".. And I'm really not sure they would be widely available either due to the reason they are specific.

ALSO The barrels are not chrome lined but I'm not sure if that matters to you or not. However, I would like to know where your finding them so cheap? Cheapest I've seen has been 390ish.

That's the price I'm seeing, too, which is $100 or more less than other AK variants I've seen. Keep in mind I'm not much of an AK guy.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Anyone know about the accuracy specific to these rifles? Something interesting, they seem to come with an optics rail mounted on the rcvr, whereas most AKs seem to mounti it towards the barrel. I'm interested in any specific info you may have.

GDKPIKP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    New York
    Not a professional opinion, but an opinion

I just got one of these last week, and I'm in love with it. I live in New York so the whole "10 rd mag" thing doesnt matter to me, but the biggest drawback is that it is single stack and only 10 rd mags can be found. Other than that (which doesnt affect me in this retarted state) I love it. I'm not a pro shooter, my only training was in basic and before deployments with nasty old M16's, so this is completely a beginner review.

I have shot 300-400 rds of mostly cheapo "wolf" ammunition, which from what I am told is the absolute worst for reliability and accuracy. That being said I have had zero jams (other than occaisionaly having to push the slide up, vs just letting it go and it sliding forward... whatever) and feel that it shot accurate enough that my skill level was more in question thatn the rifle. I shot sitting and kneeling without other support and got 3 to 4" groups at 50 yds. I have yet to take it to 100, and I need to adjust the front sight as I was shooting to the left (consistently though). The rear sight adjusted easy enough for up/down accuracy, I found that the "1.5" setting was spot on for 50ys, so I am assuming that around "3" will be good for 100 yd. I bought myself a cheap 3-9 power scope, it mounted second to the rail without an issue, but when telescoped out it was touching the rear sight bc it was too large. Could be easily solved by 5.99 "tall" scope mounts, but for now I am enjoying the open sights. It is my first AK, but compared to my cousin's WASR I like it more. The PAP is a bit heavier which I like, and I am a fan of the thunmbhole stock, mostly just because it is longer than the standard wooden AK stock. I feel like this gave it more of a sturdy grip for aiming, however, the shorter AK it might be considered for close quarters. Also his WASR has 30 rd mags, which is an obvious advantage. So all in all, VS the WASR I prefer the PAP in looks, shooting feel, and the conveinence of the sight rail. Both are AKs and incredibly reliable so that I wont bother touching, we did no real accuracy comparing, but I felt a lot more sure with the PAP. And last but not least, my cousin's gun was $500 used... mine was $430 brand new.
    I bought a mini-14 for $750 this same week... Yea I love it too, but the AK just has a fun factor that the mini cant touch...:ar15:... I think I'll be taking the AK to the range more often.

Once i build myself a tall enough shooters rest I'll pop back in for some more accuracy testing info. Yet again I would like to stress, I am not a pro, I feel that 3-4" groups without a rest/brace at 50 yds is at about the max of my abilities.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    I just got one of these last week, and I'm in love with it. I live in New York so the whole "10 rd mag" thing doesnt matter to me, but the biggest drawback is that it is single stack and only 10 rd mags can be found. Other than that (which doesnt affect me in this retarted state) I love it. I'm not a pro shooter, my only training was in basic and before deployments with nasty old M16's, so this is completely a beginner review.

I have shot 300-400 rds of mostly cheapo "wolf" ammunition, which from what I am told is the absolute worst for reliability and accuracy. That being said I have had zero jams (other than occaisionaly having to push the slide up, vs just letting it go and it sliding forward... whatever) and feel that it shot accurate enough that my skill level was more in question thatn the rifle. I shot sitting and kneeling without other support and got 3 to 4" groups at 50 yds. I have yet to take it to 100, and I need to adjust the front sight as I was shooting to the left (consistently though). The rear sight adjusted easy enough for up/down accuracy, I found that the "1.5" setting was spot on for 50ys, so I am assuming that around "3" will be good for 100 yd. I bought myself a cheap 3-9 power scope, it mounted second to the rail without an issue, but when telescoped out it was touching the rear sight bc it was too large. Could be easily solved by 5.99 "tall" scope mounts, but for now I am enjoying the open sights. It is my first AK, but compared to my cousin's WASR I like it more. The PAP is a bit heavier which I like, and I am a fan of the thunmbhole stock, mostly just because it is longer than the standard wooden AK stock. I feel like this gave it more of a sturdy grip for aiming, however, the shorter AK it might be considered for close quarters. Also his WASR has 30 rd mags, which is an obvious advantage. So all in all, VS the WASR I prefer the PAP in looks, shooting feel, and the conveinence of the sight rail. Both are AKs and incredibly reliable so that I wont bother touching, we did no real accuracy comparing, but I felt a lot more sure with the PAP. And last but not least, my cousin's gun was $500 used... mine was $430 brand new.
    I bought a mini-14 for $750 this same week... Yea I love it too, but the AK just has a fun factor that the mini cant touch...:ar15:... I think I'll be taking the AK to the range more often.

Once i build myself a tall enough shooters rest I'll pop back in for some more accuracy testing info. Yet again I would like to stress, I am not a pro, I feel that 3-4" groups without a rest/brace at 50 yds is at about the max of my abilities.

Thanks for the review and welcome to INGO.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom