DPMS for a RRA, is this a trade up in quality?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SullyXXX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    New Castle
    I am thinking of trading my DPMS Panther Lite 16 (this is the post ban version with the forged carry handle and no suppressor) for a RRA CAR A4. Just wanted to get thoughts on the RRA as I have never had this brand.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'd look to trade pretty even. Both are Mil-Spec rifles - as long as both go bang and shoot 2-3 MOA they are pretty even in my book.

DPMS does a ton to support the shooting sports, FWIW.

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    I have shot both brands. They seemed equal in my book. I would be worried why he wants to trade? If it somebody you know and trust go for it. But if it isn't, the deal might seem too good to be true. Then your screwed.

SullyXXX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    New Castle
    It's in a shop...haven't taken mine in yet to see what I can get in trade, was wanting to get opinions on here first. May just buy it outright and have both:)::):

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    Neither rifle is Mil-Spec, however the RRA is a better quality rifle than the DPMS.

^
    This

However either would make a good range toy. If the RRA has more of the evil features that you want then by all means go for it. If you are looking for an AR to use for classes, competition, or real defense then research is required.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    To be mil-spec a rifle or carbine must be produced by Colt or FN, be full auto or three shot burst, have a 5.56 chamber and have a mil-spec receiver extension (buffer tube) and be assembled to a certain criteria from certain material.

Mil-spec is a term that means produced to a minimum standard set by the military. Only certain companies actually hold the true specs of the M-16 and produce a rifle built to the specs and by the methods approved. Other companies reverse engineer the parts from existing parts and use different production methods than what is approved by the military.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have a DPMS M-4gery and a RRA Match Rifle. Both rifles are very well made IMHO. The RRA is a bit better finished and mine came with a 2 stage trigger. If I remember correctly, the DPMS "Light" used to sell for around $600 new, so if you are getting an even trade on a RRA in top condition you should go for it!

Top Bottom