Dilemma: Get Another AR or Tacticool the One I have?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Pretty self explanatory

I was all set to buy aimpoint/daniel defense omega rail/VFG for my m4, until I was at my dealer and saw these two stags - (and with November approaching - I've been thinking about grabbing another AR)

Stag Arms

Stag Arms

What do YOU think I should do?

If you think I should get another AR, should I get another M4 or something else?

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    I personally would just upgrade and customize the AR you currently have. I'm currently building my first AR-15 and I've come to realize it truly is a very versatile platform, I myself used to love AK's, but you have so many more options in my opinion with AR's. With the money you would have spent on another rifle, you could buy tons of stuff, including ammo! I would also stock up on the high-cap mags too. If there is another AWB I'd rather just have plenty of accessories and mags for my current rifle, than I would another new one. Just my thoughts!

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Buy another rifle. You can always buy the accessories later, but you may not be able to buy another AR-15 later depending on the political climate later. As far as what type, that would be what best suits you. Myself I have 2 16" M4 type Carbines. One is setup for Close- Mid range the other for Mid-Long.
    Besides it never hurts to have a backup.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If you think I should get another AR, should I get another M4 or something else?

The answer is "yes," or all of the above.

As was mentioned, get as many ARs as you can now. It may be difficult in the future.

Also, machines break. A properly built, properly lubricated AR will run like a sewing machine, but all machines break. You need to always have at least one fully functional and zeroed homeland defense weapon at your disposal.

You can't go wrong with another M4-alike. Or you could go ultra light. Or maybe something with a rifle or mid-length gas system. It depends on what you want to do with it.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Yes, buy another one. I'd get the varminter style since you already have an M4-type. Consider another caliber though. I'd probably buy a second AR before buying additional uppers and tacticool stuff.
    Stag ARs are great.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    it never hurt to have a spare ar laying around. i agree with rhino that a lightweight rifle, if you don't have one, would be great choice. if you've carried even a light rifle like the ar for a few days or miles, or been through a multi day class with one, you'll greatly appreciate the lightest weight rifle you can get.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom