• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I have a Marlin Mod 99C 22 auto rifle with a Bushnell 3x-9x/32 scope mounted to it. I received it as part of an estate and have never shot it. The end of the barrel has some blueing flaked off, otherwise it seems in good condition. Should I try selling it or is it not worth bothering with? Not costing me a dime sitting in the corner but not making me anything and I will probably never use it.

Really can't find a lot of info on this rifle other than it was made in the early 70's, Appreciate some guidance from the experts. Thanks

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Looks awfully similar to the ubiquitous Marlin 60.

Oh, wait. I just googled. It is a Marlin 60 - more or less.
    Marlin and Glenfield Model 60 Rifles

A new marlin 60 in blue was running around $120-130 that last time I saw. Stainless up around $175.

Reliving my teens, I bought one at the 1500 last year. The blueing was good. It came with a lil cheap Tasco scope. $80.

They're very good little rifles in my opinion. The real, honest-to-goodness, TEOTWAWKI kinda gun. Carry lots of ammo easily. Light. Accurate.

Any collector value as a 99C? Got me. The Marlin 60 family is said to be the most popular .22 rifle in the world. The "most popular" would also mean the most common too, I suppose.

The 99C was introduced in 1961 and differed from the 99 in that it employed Marlin’s then-new Micro-Groove rifling and had a gold-tone trigger blade. The 99C had its receiver grooved for tip-off scope mounts in 1964. Initially supplied with an uncheckered walnut stock, the 99C had impressed checkering added in 1971, and the checkering pattern was changed again at least twice more before the rifle was discontinued in 1978. A deluxe version of the 99C with an American walnut stock, the Model 990, was offered from 1979-1987.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I'm sorry you are saddled with such a rifle. Let me know when I can come pick it up and ease your burden. I have a $100 bill burning a hole in my pocket. I am in Ft Wayne.

Move toward the light, don't be afraid....

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Soon as I can come up with a fair price I will list it on this site. I will not be using it so better someone who will get some enjoyment out of it have the gun. Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom