• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Hi folks,

A'right, so I'm putting sling swivels on my Rem 870 Express Magnum, and I bought the 1/4-28 tap to attach the front swivel, but I'm not sure where to put the rear swivel in. I have a "side saddle" on the buttstock to hold five extra shells, and the instructions say to go 2-2.5" forward of the buttplate/recoil pad, which would be under the elastic "sleeve" of the sidesaddle. I'm also not sure if this is a wood stock or just a wood-grain synthetic, though I'm pretty sure it's wood. So.. any help I can get would be appreciated.

TIA!

Blessings,
    B

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I go 1"-1.5" from the end of the butt stock, not the recoil pad..ymmv I would suggest removing the recoil pad/butt plate to see if you get a better view of the material it's made of..:cool:

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I don't recall Remington using anything other than real wood on their standard buttstocks, so you should be OK in that regard.

As far as the rear sling swivel, mount it anywhere you desire, just make sure it is secure.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I go 1"-1.5" from the end of the butt stock, not the recoil pad..ymmv I would suggest removing the recoil pad/butt plate to see if you get a better view of the material it's made of..:cool:

I love this place... Three minutes to get an answer! :) OK, and do it on the bottom of the stock, in line with the trigger guard?

Shotty.jpg

Sorry if the pic is huge. I'm hoping the board re-sizes it automagically.

Thanks again!

Blessings,
    B

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Yep, on the bottom is most common unless your doing some sort of tacticool sling. Start your drilling with a small bit so it's easier to keep centered then maybe make a few incremental steps up to whatever size you need,

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Cool, thank you. No, nothing tacticool, just a Wally World sling so I have one on there. I did note that it gives me four more loops for more shells, though. :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys. Closing thread now, if the system will let me.

Blessings,
    B

ETA I can't find a way to close the thread. Would a mod please do so? Thanks!

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    How about a close up of the the butt stock hard point? I wanna see how straight you got it..:):

Top Bottom